Covington Pike Bottoms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's a noobie need to know to get outta there with an intact suspension and without getting hated on by the crusty old veteran crowd there?

If your truck looks anything like your picture, there is nothing you can do to blend in with the locals.

If you must go, use the buddy system, preferrably with someone with giant tires, lockers, winches, etc., and tre to avoid the mud in the first place. The four wheelers are destroying the place, and the holes are getting deeper by the second.

I try to only go down there for special occasions.

Those guys have a PhD in the covington bottoms. I did 2k worth of damage
on first trip to the bottoms. Damaged door and about 90 percent of pinstriping
happened in about the first 45 mins of my first off roading experience.

Don't go.

'Nough said.

Don't go. Don't go. Don't go.

If you must, don't go alone. And go with someone that has a winch and bigger rig.

Avoid the ATV trails if ya can. They'll sneak up on ya!

Good luck!

Go to youtube and search for "UTBT" or "Under the Bridge Tour" or search through this forum for the pictures. Never go in March after a rain. We usually wait until Labor Day after it hasn't rained for 3 months, even then you can get stuck 5 minutes in.

But if you do go, wear a wifebeater and pack heat. Act like the craziest one out there and no one else will mess with you. Always have a beer in your hand. Bring a chick in a bikini.

That said, Mike's stock 100 made it pretty far until he tried to squeeze it between two trees that a motorcycle couldn't fit between!

After the UTBT tour I took a couple of years ago....

I found out why IH8MUD...

But if you do go, wear a wifebeater and pack heat. Act like the craziest one out there and no one else will mess with you. Always have a beer in your hand. Bring a chick in a bikini.

:hmm:

Well, that about does it. Wife won't wear a bikini if it's just me, much less for a bunch of rednecks. I don't own a wifebeater and don't (gasp) drink beer any more. Packin' the heat is every day for me, but the rest? Nope.

Thanks for all the advice, folks! I passed by one day, and it looked like there were some fairly heavy duty rigs out there. I wasn't planning to go with all the rain we've had lately, or with the current "pimp daddy" wheels and rims on it, but it's not like the "new to me" 33's I'm getting are mudders. They're AT's, on stock 80 rims.

So with that option busted, what's a guy to do for a relatively civil offroad experience in the Midsouth area?

So with that option busted, what's a guy to do for a relatively civil offroad experience in the Midsouth area?

Tons of great trails in the National Forrests in Arkansas.

Superlift in Hot Springs.

West Tennessee has a bunch of great parks.

We ran some nice dirt roads in Bienville National Forest down here.

Wheeling is a hard sport if you hate mud.

Hot Springs/Superlift is only 3 hours away and there are a lot of trails you can do in an 80 without lockers.

So, yeah, I went to youtube and looked up UTBT.... Any of those poor saps ever make it outta there? I'm absolutely NOT up for screwing up my truck!

Superlift kinda gives you the idea that you don't wanna jump in there stock. Would I be on the bunny course or something like that?

When's the next Bienville exploration trip....im almost done painting and the wicked storm outside should take care of all the yeller stuff

So, yeah, I went to youtube and looked up UTBT.... Any of those poor saps ever make it outta there? I'm absolutely NOT up for screwing up my truck!

Superlift kinda gives you the idea that you don't wanna jump in there stock. Would I be on the bunny course or something like that?

I took my stock 100 out at superlift with no back up numerous of times. There are plenty of trails and BJ(superlift employee) will not steer you wrong. A stock 80 can do almost everything, ask Bill Riley.

Excellent advice! Thanks all for saving me from myself on that UTBT idea.

Now, anyone got advice on getting the wife interested in wheeling? She's pretty sure I'm in the middle of a midlife crisis.... :doh:

Ok- this is where Superlift shines. Bring the wife into town and set her up for a "spa day" while you hit the trails. Join her again for a nice meal and there you have it. Really, there is no other park quite like it.

The twos and some of the threes are very do-able in a stock rig. BJ and Jarred will lead you to the best trails for your truck and skill level.

Bring her to the crawl in October. She should have a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom