Other than LC Projects Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joanna Gaines is the devil :rofl:

All-in-all, it wasn't a bad project, but still need my wife to quit watching home improvement shows. The live-edge mantel was finished with Tung oil, which only comes in a 10x lifetime supply container.
View attachment 2337625

I’m thinking you might need some shiplap on that wall to help bring out the schmere work 🤣

Looks great!

Marching closer and closer to paint:

1591973221993.png

Seeing out of the back window of a Tundra with a truckbox is almost impossible. Earlier this year I installed a nice Pioneer stereo and new speakers in the Tundra with the intention of adding a backup camera later however, I needed a camera that covered the entire rear of the truck (170*) for backing that big booty up. Most of the cameras on Amazon, Ebay, BestBuy claim 170* but are really 140* to 90* at best. I finally found a camera on Amazon with confirmed 170* and multiple selectable views for $40. I purchased two and installed them on the Land Cruiser and the Tundra.

The Tundra didn't have a good option for camera installation so I bought a spare handle off Amazon for $16 and cut a hole in the handle. Installation of the camera in the new cutup handle was a family affair with Shannon watching the video, me holding the camera in position, and Jacob stuffing the SteelStik (fast setting epoxy) on the back of the camera to hold it in place. Once the position was set, I removed the handle, added JB Weld for more structure, and finally painted the epoxy with black nail polish. I'm really happy with the results and performance of the camera and the image gives lots of confidence backing the truck up.

1591977871705.png

1591978516436.png

Seeing out of the back window of a Tundra with a truckbox is almost impossible. Earlier this year I installed a nice Pioneer stereo and new speakers in the Tundra with the intention of adding a backup camera later however, I needed a camera that covered the entire rear of the truck (170*) for backing that big booty up. Most of the cameras on Amazon, Ebay, BestBuy claim 170* but are really 140* to 90* at best. I finally found a camera on Amazon with confirmed 170* and multiple selectable views for $40. I purchased two and installed them on the Land Cruiser and the Tundra.

The Tundra didn't have a good option for camera installation so I bought a spare handle off Amazon for $16 and cut a hole in the handle. Installation of the camera in the new cutup handle was a family affair with Shannon watching the video, me holding the camera in position, and Jacob stuffing the SteelStik (fast setting epoxy) on the back of the camera to hold it in place. Once the position was set, I removed the handle, added JB Weld for more structure, and finally painted the epoxy with black nail polish. I'm really happy with the results and performance of the camera and the image gives lots of confidence backing the truck up.

View attachment 2337735

View attachment 2337743

Nice! Let's see a screenshot of that 170* view!

^ and a link to that camera.

Mine needs an upgrade.

I may or may not have that same combo, or a very, very similar one. unless it fell out of the kayak. I dont remember

I may or may not have that same combo, or a very, very similar one. unless it fell out of the kayak. I dont remember

When will people learn that mixing boats and firearms never ends without disaster?

Got my parts in and finished up my little stove restoration project. Put it all back together, added some fuel, fired it up...it roars now with a nice clear blue flame. Pretty cool for a 54 year old stove. It’s about the same weight as new stoves and this one is designed to run specifically off gasoline. I’ll probably throw it in the truck since I won’t have to worry about any special fuel.

7AB8B5E7-F205-4F71-9C45-3665B11BD7D6.jpeg

3FF368F6-789C-46A7-9531-AB1360FE03DC.jpeg

96734F7B-0A98-40E0-933D-2F11D93C349E.jpeg

8FFF8483-8C54-40E5-B041-9BFD80711120.jpeg

No I have not. I didn’t even think to look.
Forgot to attach this!

@FJnoob just run away from that thread. I was there for the past three years and just got out of it only to realize there’s a redneckery thread too. My people are everywhere.

Finished up the last step of the free playhouse that took 3 months to get in. Every one with kids was ordering trampolines and playhouses the past few months. What started Friday as this
B1864911-5382-4527-B89E-DF63ACFBB71A.jpeg

D5B48168-C009-41E6-8FFB-67F5C4D522BE.jpeg

ended up with this Sunday afternoon.
3B5F134C-2FE1-4FCB-80F8-8915019E14D6.jpeg

My 2 year old was on it At 5:30 this morning. :oops:

side note. Any one remember the Road Runner I got-at the ONSC Christmas party. Ive been waiting for the perfect place to put him. I brought him out this weekend. I’ve made a mount and he’s going on the top.
0EF23313-327F-411B-9437-D1CAD4D16FA6.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow - nice work. Little solar panel setup for the lighting, too? I remember putting together a swingset about 20 years ago... Not hard, just ridiculously time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom