Other than LC Projects Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its a Grant 313 Classic. Its not the most common wheel, but I saw it in a 1969 Mustang a couple of months back and knew its the one I wanted for this build.

Finished up the lighting for the back yard. String lights I had in NC Added to the fence on its on circuit with a switch inside for easily turning them on and off.

AB0D03EA-A74A-4BC0-A8B3-7072AF3AACE5.jpeg

B5BB48C4-DD72-43B7-B62A-38F157F56761.jpeg

2D0011EB-E9BA-4CB9-81BC-D69F5484EFCF.jpeg

Its a Grant 313 Classic. Its not the most common wheel, but I saw it in a 1969 Mustang a couple of months back and knew its the one I wanted for this build.

That's the style I want too for my FJ60. I'm just having a hard time finding the right combo of wheel diameter/wood color/spoke color I want.

That's the style I want too for my FJ60. I'm just having a hard time finding the right combo of wheel diameter/wood color/spoke color I want.

Just an FYI, if you want to get this wheel. The color of the wood does vary. From all the pics I have seen the majority of they wheels are a lighter color. I wanted a lighter color and was pleased with what I received. That said the wood can certainly be stained. It does not feel like there is any treatment on the wood other than some oil. Also the rivets are not flush with the wood. I actually like it that way, but I just mention it because I have seen some people complained about that in some reviews.

Last edited:
@NC LX looking good. Backyard lighting is usually underrated. Looks like you're setting up for some good nighttime use.

I have had several projects to keep me busy over the past few weeks and this project has received the most attention so far. My boys have named her Tin Cup, but we shall see if that sticks. Not sure what my plans are, but with having so much time on my hands right now I am finding that my OCD side is kicking in and I am restoring every part I take off. Here are a few of the things I have done in the past 2-3 weeks.

Installed "New" leather seats. They are second row 2016 Chrysler T&C second row seats installed with fabed seat brackets. Its a somewhat common swap, but unfortunately they sit to high for my tall ass. I do love the seats, but if I keep this Sammy I will need to find another solution. Its just a shame because I love these seats.

Replaced the door panels and hardware:

I removed the combination switch from the steering column and rebuilt it to fix a turn signal issue I was having. Then added a new steering column cover and new steering wheel. I am sure its just me, but there is something about a wood steering wheel in an old rig. This is not a normal combo for this, but I dig it.

I have also replaced all the brakes and rotors. Changed all the fluids to Amsoil. Replaced the timing belt, water pump, and oil pump. Replaced all the hoses and metal cooling pipes. I have a few other things to finish up on before I get into the fun part which is replacing sheet metal. I am always looking for an excuse to weld.

In the next two weeks I will be tackling my LX todo list. Which includes a new starter, T-Belt, water pump, valve cover gaskets, and replacing every vacuum hose. Oh the things we do to keep ourselves busy......
Nice Sammy!! I had a '91 when at NCSU in the mid 90's... would love to get another one some day

That's gorgeous. I might have to impulse buy that.

Nice Sammy!! I had a '91 when at NCSU in the mid 90's... would love to get another one some day

Thanks, I have always had a thing for both Toyota's and Suzuki's. Makes me wish I kept all the other Zuks I had when you could buy them for next to nothing 20 years ago. The first Samurai I ever had was in 1996 that I paid 800 bucks for. I didn't even end up keeping it for more than a couple of months because I already had a few FJ40's I was trying to flip at the time. Back then when I was in college sometimes I would bite off more than I could chew just because it's a "great deal."

That's gorgeous. I might have to impulse buy that.

Thanks man, I shopped around like crazy and got the wheel and steering adapter for 88 bucks including all shipping. It smaller than than stock by only a half inch, but it makes a big difference with leg room. To me, its the cheapest and best upgrade I have made so far.

After a short break from putting down the floor. The sanding, sanding and more sanding started. Another break and the finishing started. Two coats then a buff in between and the final on this morning. Boy. That sounded pretty easy. Three sentences and I was done.
Anyway, the finished product on this part is done and the next starts after another break.
AFDC0DF2-883E-488A-A8AF-564D0D4C888C.jpeg
8337FE5B-ED0E-4835-BF51-ABC8ECE19E3F.jpeg
CFA6B0B2-A122-4D27-AD1D-D86ED75A23E9.jpeg

A makeshift platform to crawl over. She had fun with that.

9B8F5F6F-AEB3-4275-8A9C-0488649C1EF4.jpeg
More work on the boat got a motor for it a week or so ago and it wouldn’t start.

Took some time while it wasn’t raining and got everything off sprayed alittle fuel into the carbs and it run for a brief second then it died. After checking the screen, filter, fuel lines finally thought to check the bowls for fuel And sure enough they were empty.

311FFC86-8206-4AC8-B2F7-6D6D5E503548.jpeg

E09D582B-3388-4B68-969F-FF23E9DA2F81.jpeg
B47E6C82-4967-43BA-95F4-9F75E49C9523.jpeg

Carbs off I took them apart and sure enough the little needle that closes the fuel inlet when the float is up was stuck, alittle carb cleaner and some clean up everything was back together and running! Hopefully tomorrow we’ll will be trying to mount it back on the boat and running new paths for the wires and controls.

Posted this in the Chat thread but this is more appropriate..

I'm doing my first motorcycle track day this coming weekend and am camping out so it was a good excuse to get started on my sleeping platform in the truck. Got the center section done today. Tomorrow I’ll tackle the wings!

This will be dual purpose as my fiance has agreed to go camping with me so now we'll be able to camp in the truck!

By no means a professional job but it’ll be functional 👍🏻

D7DE1F76-514A-4FC5-B8FC-21F466D13DFE.jpeg

C087AF14-A6EC-497D-9009-14EAF01634BA.jpeg

Posted this in the Chat thread but this is more appropriate..

I'm doing my first motorcycle track day this coming weekend and am camping out so it was a good excuse to get started on my sleeping platform in the truck. Got the center section done today. Tomorrow I’ll tackle the wings!

This will be dual purpose as my fiance has agreed to go camping with me so now we'll be able to camp in the truck!

By no means a professional job but it’ll be functional 👍🏻

View attachment 2317061
View attachment 2317062

Looks pretty professional to me! That’s nice man! What’s the plan for a sleeping pad? Air mattress?

Looks pretty professional to me! That’s nice man! What’s the plan for a sleeping pad? Air mattress?

it’s good enough for me. Wish I had a cutting table to make the lines a little straighter. Starting to search for mattress/pad optionS.
Finished the wings today. Tomorrow I’m going to make some finish panels for the front.
1AD64B69-A7F3-4FCE-A486-42A8431CCEDD.jpeg

D8114C93-433B-4D81-80A3-AC2FAC534231.jpeg

AF19BE4A-C553-4511-BB9A-6AA6401FE15B.jpeg

BEBEFC65-EC08-44CA-A03D-73780F739857.jpeg

D0F2E462-89C8-4F36-BBB5-7D34C12B9214.jpeg

@Hokie LX check out the exped megamat duo.

We got ours from REI for our RTT and it made a world of difference in the comfort level for us.

We got ours from REI with some dividends, but several other retailers carry them as well, most for less.

@jfz80 came by and sprayed some more gaw-darn yard paint last week. Thinking I'm done with projects for a day or two.

20200522_155640.jpg

20200523_154231.jpg

tenor (2).gif

Here is project for someone.
9.5”x 2.75”x 118”

it could be Cyprus? Lightweight and has a textured surface. I am cleaning out the crawl space and it needs to go.
pickup only. 😀
8833A052-C5F5-4515-BCC0-21E3D107575B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom