Covid-19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
So with the shut down I expect that the guys who are actually not at work and are working on their rigs to make some significant progress. Will, you should have that 55 running by the time this is over. Tony get crackin! Oh Yeah post plenty of pictures for those of us in essential jobs 🙄 .

So with the shut down I expect that the guys who are actually not at work and are working on their rigs to make some significant progress. Will, you should have that 55 running by the time this is over. Tony get crackin! Oh Yeah post plenty of pictures for those of us in essential jobs 🙄 .

I am in an essential role at Renown. Pulling 12-16 hour shifts right now helping support their IT infrastructure and service delivery operations. Mostly from home, but I volunteered to help setup the overflow wards and triage tents next week, so I'll be at Regional most of next week. They're negotiating space at the Peppermill for possible overflow if the surge happens as predicted.

Fun times!

I am in an essential role at Renown. Pulling 12-16 hour shifts right now helping support their IT infrastructure and service delivery operations. Mostly from home, but I volunteered to help setup the overflow wards and triage tents next week, so I'll be at Regional most of next week. They're negotiating space at the Peppermill for possible overflow if the surge happens as predicted.

Fun times!
Makes my job look a lot less essential.

I wouldn't say I have so much more time available since I'm still working from home, but I did just order some knuckle rebuild kits. I've never done this big of a job before but I'm hoping to post some updates as it goes on.

I can already see it could be one of those can of worms you open and things just keep getting added. You can see the dry rotted brake lines that probably need replacing.
For now I was just cleaning off a good inch thick grease, dirt, and crud on the knuckle.
1585378337028.png

1585378426970.png

1585378439293.png

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I have so much more time available since I'm still working from home, but I did just order some knuckle rebuild kits. I've never done this big of a job before but I'm hoping to post some updates as it goes on.

I can already see it could be one of those can of worms you open and things just keep getting added. You can see the dry rotted brake lines that probably need replacing.
For now I was just cleaning off a good inch thick grease, dirt, and crud on the knuckle.
View attachment 2251569
View attachment 2251570
View attachment 2251571
Easy off oven cleaner works great. Spray it on and let it sit for an hour then go after it with a putty knife. I did this before I did anything else then drove to the quarter wash and spent $20 pressure washing the whole under carriage. FWIW the $ store oven cleaner works great for this.

I am still working for now, and setting up my work lab at home has been way more time consuming than planned. If I stay employed this year I might afford the garage I won't have time to use. if I get furloughed I'll have time to wish I had a garage I can't afford. Same old deal.

I am still working as well. Wife's salon has gone to just about nothing as a non-essential business so all parts purchases are on hold. Sucks because I had planned on grabbing some bearings and the hub flanges last week so that I could start the process of replacing the axle stuff. But no dice. Have to wait till after this has all blown over and wife is back to working full time again. This is when being a small business owner sucks but we will get through it all.

Story of my life,every time I have the time to work on my cruiser I'm conserving cash because of uncertainty.

What rusty_tlc said. I keep a lot of cardboard around for this kind of job.

A friend of mine in Carson was issued a ticket for being at a park last week and not honoring the 6-foot rule. I guess there were others there too, which was the problem.

Just have a good excuse or say you are traveling for outdoor recreation.

Nice. I used my 40 to pull out some sage brush that couldn't be reached with the skip loader. The Grand kids had a blast riding around the property in the 40. Can't wait to get those two out on the trail.

We were deemed essential so we're still hard at it, but honestly with the low population and 0 cases out here, its business as usual. Went wheeling on a new trail and did some fishing yesterday, had a great time.

We were deemed essential so we're still hard at it, but honestly with the low population and 0 cases out here, its business as usual. Went wheeling on a new trail and did some fishing yesterday, had a great time.

I run Renown's datacenter operations so I too am essential. But they've had a total of 18 hospitalizations at Renown and only one death (last I checked).

I run Renown's datacenter operations so I too am essential. But they've had a total of 18 hospitalizations at Renown and only one death (last I checked).

I believe that to be more essential than me. I do HVAC service and commercial install. This is a slow time for service with it not being hot or cold, nothing is breaking. We have a few big jobs going out at the navy base, and as long as you have a mask on, there aren't really any changes out there. That may change at any time though, we'll see what the future holds.

Being project management for state IT service within DPS I am considered essential. Yeah for me?!
My building that I am in with two other project management groups was actually shutdown the last few weeks due to a potential contamination/exposure risk because someone in one of the other groups tested positive for COVID-19 and we were in contact with the same surfaces, breakrooms, entry areas, etc.

Now, all state employees that are still working in the building are being required to wear masks. I keep telling my administrator that I am going to start walking around in a Plague Doctor's mask!

I'm wearing an N95 mask all day everyday. Lucky(?) for me we had some left from construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom