Covers or stock steering wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The stock 17" steering wheel is cold this time of year. I have been trying to locate the old style steering wheel cover that laces on but haven't had any luck--it seems like all the parts stores just have the smaller sizes for current style wheels. I am ready to go find a truck stop and see if they have one that would fit. Suggestions? SOR or Man-a-fre?

Mine had a cover when I got it but I tossed it not knowing that it would be impossible to replace.

If you want to solve the cold wheel problem, take off your doors and hardtop. I did and now I never drive anywhere in the winter without gloves (and a hat and windblock fleece) anyway so the wheel is the least of my worries. I do need to find a way to mount my ice scraper on the dash for scraping the inside of the windshield though :D

SOR's price on the leather "Wheelskins" is not bad. They have them for all cruiser size wheels.

Leather is nice :D The threads are small and stay outta the way.
Pic 023 (Medium).jpg

leather all the way. I've done 'em on all my old cars with those skinny steering wheels. One of the best "mods" you can do. I did it before I even had the thing running... Good grip, warm in the winter, cool in the summer, lasts for years... trouble is finding one that's big enough for the steering wheel...

Enjoy.

nial

I think I found mine locally at a truck stop. Was the synthetic leather with the plastic stitching but it came out real nice.

Cool, thanks. It looks like SOR is about $5 cheaper than Man-a-fre. Wheelskins is the brand they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom