"Courtesy" lights in a 98 to turn the dome lights on when vehicle turned off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried searching, but not sure how to search for what I'm looking for? Is there a way to get the interior lights to come on, when dark, when the key is removed from the ignition? I believe this is called "Courtesy Lights" in other vehicles where the lights come on when you shut the vehicle off and remain on for a period of time, or until you lock the doors. Is this something provided on other 100s that is just disabled on mine? Or is there an aftermarket device (I seem to remember a vehicle security system did this for me in a prior vehicle?) that I could install to do this? Some other creative means? Thanks all!

Can't remember if mine are when the key is removed from the ignition or if a door has to be opened, but setting each ceiling light switch to "door" instead of "off" does what you're describing in my '00 LX.

Can't remember if mine are when the key is removed from the ignition or if a door has to be opened, but setting each ceiling light switch to "door" instead of "off" does what you're describing in my '00 LX.
Thanks! Dome lights are set to door and definitely all come on when I open the door, but it would be really nice at night to be able to sort out my things getting ready to exit the vehicle before having to open the door to get the lights.

Maybe it varies by year, but I think for your '98, you might be at the end of the line for factory settings that can be tweaked then.

I believe if you check and dig deeper on techstream there is an available option to customize this setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom