Couple pics from the beach. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got back, a day early actually, from the beach. It was supposed to storm all day, so i figured why sit around, i'm back. Anyways, i found out a couple prices for anyone who may be interested in a trip down there. The ferry from Cedar Island to Okrakoke is $35 round trip. You can catch that ferry and drive north along the beach catching the next ferry (can't remember this one, sorry someone else paid) to go across to hatteras.

OR

$75 to catch the ferry from the town of Atlantic, about 15 minutes south of the Cedar Island ferry, to Portsmouth island. On porsmouth it's pretty much bare bones, sand, beach, fishing. No dunes to jump or anything and it's pretty much just 22 miles of beach to drive around on. You can also take atv's across as well. This place is a blast, but for the cost one should plan on camping out on the beach for a few days to make it worth it. The fishing is awesome out there.

Cedar island is an approximate 5 hour drive from greensboro, nc. The ferry ride from Cedar Island to Okrakoke is 2.5 hours.

ANyways, here's some pics. I forgot my camera for okrakoke :doh: . these are pics from cedar island.
beach 008 (Small).jpg
beach 012 (Small).jpg
beach 035 (Small).jpg

few more. :cool:
beach 036 (Small).jpg
beach 038 (Small).jpg
beach 042 (Small).jpg

Ah, heck, why not, just a couple more.
beach 006 (Small).jpg
beach 009 (Small).jpg
beach 017 (Small).jpg

Cruisin'Carolina said:
I really like your lift and rack. Looks at home at the beach.

LOL Now that sound like a great pickup line :cool:

Nice rig by the way.

Robad said:
LOL Now that sound like a great pickup line :cool:

Nice rig by the way.

Does sound a little..... :eek:

but I won't be pushin any pickles, whether the almight Georgia Tard declares me a P-Pusher like he did Junk or not.

Cruisin'Carolina said:
I really like your lift and rack. Looks at home at the beach.

Thanks..............I think. :flipoff2:

I had really wanted to drive around portsmouth one day, but couldn't buck up the $75 plus gas to make it feasable for one day.

Cool shots, Alex. Where was the house?

We were down there a few months ago and spent almost 2 weeks exploring in the 80.

Entered the Banks through Roanoke Island and spent few days there before heading across and north to Duck and Corolla. From there took the beach to Corova Beach and the VA state line. We camped along the way.

Headed back south through Kitty Hawk and Nags Head to Hatteras for a few days and then over to Ocracoke for a few more. Fishing at the Cape and down at Ocracoke Inlet was awesome. Lots of action and it's cool to land fish with the Cruiser hanging in the background.

Shot across to Cedar Island and back. Didn't save enough time to do Portsmouth Island so it's on the list for next time.

Andy, you came back through where i was. I haven't been up any further north than Hatteras. Spend the most time around hatteras, ocrakoke inlet, drum inlet, portsmouth. I would love to plan a trip starting either at the northern most outter banks or the southern most and try to drive the beach most of the way.

You gotta have your mosquito and green-head flie repelant on you or you will get completely eaten for lunch.

Oh, almost forgot, the house is an old neighbors that moved down to Cedar island when he retired. He is an old hard core marine that loves the remoteness of Cedar Island. So that's usually where i stay, or at least start the outter banks trip.

Love the one of the dog in the mirror with his gums flappin'. Priceless!

ConcreteJungle, is the shop in the first pic of the third post in Havelock? I think that's the guy that has the early mod 40, He's also got a really big 4x4 wrecker in there.

Rob

Robad said:
ConcreteJungle, is the shop in the first pic of the third post in Havelock? I think that's the guy that has the early mod 40, He's also got a really big 4x4 wrecker in there.

Rob

Yep, that's the one. I've never stopped by though.

I wish I'd have seen someone down there the week of the 4th, I was in Hatteras and saw only one 80 series, no lift or nothing but very little air in the tires. BTW, that second ferry you took, Hatteras to Okrakoke, = Freebie! Maybe I'll get to see someone down there next year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom