coupla questiones... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
a guy down the street has a 4runner that he's parting out. he's been nice enough to give me a couple of things from it for free. this morning i grabbed the radiator fan and the carbon canister. will the canister work on my 60? can i monkey rig the fan to work on the 60?

one more question... could i switch out my oem front axle for the 4runner's front axle?

thx guys.

a guy down the street has a 4runner that he's parting out. he's been nice enough to give me a couple of things from it for free. this morning i grabbed the radiator fan and the carbon canister. will the canister work on my 60? can i monkey rig the fan to work on the 60?

one more question... could i switch out my oem front axle for the 4runner's front axle?

thx guys.

Good Lord, why would you want that tiny axle? SFA or IFS? If SFA you can take the hubs and knuckles to keep for later or resell.

What year is the runner?

the overwhelming response of "what the hell are you thinking", leads me to believe that the axle idea isn't so good.
i wondered about the axle because my knuckles are shot. i was hoping for a cheap fix.

what are you guys' thoughts on the canister and the fan?

will do.

ya think the electric radiator fan and carbon canister off the 4runner will work ok?
Well as long as it is not to thick then it should be fine....as far as the canister i have no clue. as long as it has the same number of ports(for the lack of a better term ) then it should work?????

How do you plan to wire and mount the fan?

will do.

ya think the electric radiator fan and carbon canister off the 4runner will work ok?

Unless your neighbor swapped a solid axle under his 2000 4Runner the front end is IFS and there is nothing under there you can use. Unless you are forwarding deep water constantly I would skip any electric fan. You may be able to use the charcoal canister. I highly doubt your knuckles are "shot".

Unless your neighbor swapped a solid axle under his 2000 4Runner the front end is IFS and there is nothing under there you can use. Unless you are forwarding deep water constantly I would skip any electric fan. You may be able to use the charcoal canister. I highly doubt your knuckles are "shot".

Yep just need rebuilt:D

Unless you are forwarding deep water constantly I would skip any electric fan.

awesomeness! gettin the answers i needs. however, what do you mean by this statement? i just figured i use the fan b/c i've noticed the cooler i run the engine, the better my gas mileage.

awesomeness! gettin the answers i needs. however, what do you mean by this statement? i just figured i use the fan b/c i've noticed the cooler i run the engine, the better my gas mileage.

Sort of. Chances are that you have noticed that the motor runs cooler in cooler months, and that has increased you mileage. Chances are that is because the cooler/denser air in combination with the denser fuel is getting you more energy per unit than hot air and warm fuel.

Engines are designed to run at a certain temp. The thermostat is what regulates this. Adding an electric fan most likely will make no difference in your mileage (unless you replace your mechanical fan, at which point it will overheat and not run nearly as well...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom