Could someone take a look at an 80 for me? (1 Viewer)

I found an 80 in Louisville online and was wondering if anyone who knows 80s could spare some time to check it out for me, and maybe even a test drive. I will say right off the bat that it's overpriced and if everything checks out, I will negotiate like mad.

The truck is at Connor Motor Sales, 1001 West Kentucky St. in Louisville, KY. Mainly want to know if truck is in good working order and the underbody is relatively clean (no excessive rust), not sure if KY salts their roads as much us we do.

I'll be checkin back from time to time, please PM if anyone is available. Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Ok, i'd like to know who's the asshat that took my 80 :flipoff2:

I swear, I put a pretty hefty deposit down to "hold" the truck. The dealer agreed to hold it for a month, while taking it off of other websites. We agreed I'd have 30 days to come get the truck. Long story short, he told me a few days ago that he refunded my deposit because the transmission "went out". Despite my many attempts at emailing and calling this guy, he pays me no mind. My brother tried callin, and he got hung up on when he mentioned my name.

Apparently the dealer sold to someone else, no brainer there. How could he not alert me that someone is interested in the 80, and see if I wanted to negotiate further? I mean, I know he could because he obviously did, but WTF?!? Really?

I sure hope the guy who got my 80 isn't a Mud member, since he'd have to know the details of my prior deal with the dealer to get his hands on the truck. Not like he knew I am, but then again I know most 80 owners advise that a decent 80 can be had for between $4500-$9k. And most anything over that is likely paying too much. However this 80 was cherry. Had everything I was lookin for and more. Money isn't the principle here. So if in the next few months you see a clean, un-abused 80, black, with no factory roof rack, and no tow hitch, say hello to her for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom