Could I put an AX-15 behind my F with these AA TR-4050 and AX-15 to TLC T-case Adapters? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That underdrive on the 4:1 splitcase may not bother you with the 2-5 gearing split on the H55f? Would certainly suck with the 420's 3 useful forward gears though.
If I swapped a split case in behind my SM420, I'd just run the stock 2.3:1 unit. The issue there is, I'd lose 5.5" of driveshaft with the SM420 → Split case adapter and really get nothing for my trouble. If I did an underdriven high range t-case, I suppose I could always go back to 4.11s. I am sure I could find someone going 4.11 →4.88 and do some trading. But I've invested in ARB air locker for the front already, so I'd prefer not to have to spend that money again.

If I swapped a split case in behind my SM420, I'd just run the stock 2.3:1 unit. The issue there is, I'd lose 5.5" of driveshaft with the SM420 → Split case adapter and really get nothing for my trouble. If I did an underdriven high range t-case, I suppose I could always go back to 4.11s. I am sure I could find someone going 4.11 →4.88 and do some trading. But I've invested in ARB air locker for the front already, so I'd prefer not to have to spend that money again.
Yeah, I guess I worded that incorrectly. Wasn't suggesting actually swapping a split case with underdrive behind the 420, thats a total waste of money. H41/42 and an orion would be the answer there IMO. I was just saying that you may be OK with the split case underdrive gearing given the better gear splits of the H55f compared to what you are used to now with the SM420....that is all. Let us know how it all works out!

Yeah, I guess I worded that incorrectly. Wasn't suggesting actually swapping a split case with underdrive behind the 420, thats a total waste of money. H41/42 and an orion would be the answer there IMO. I was just saying that you may be OK with the split case underdrive gearing given the better gear splits of the H55f compared to what you are used to now with the SM420....that is all. Let us know how it all works out!
I really like the idea of a 3.3:1 t-case with the H55f, however, the 17% overdrive becomes a 7% overdrive and that really kind of negates the whole point of having an OD transmission unless I make it up someplace else (like the diffs or rubber overdrive, -I plan on running 37's and nothing larger because: Land Cruiser axles).
After pricing out the TR4050 and the adapters to make it all work, it's coming out $2k more than a new H55F with 3:1 t-case (1:1 in high range). So thats most likely the route I will end up going. Plus I support Cruiser Outfitters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom