Could I get opinions on my exhaust manifold? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chaka,

I dropped you a pm. My concern is that you manifold is different than mine! I have three bolt flanges on the bottom of my exhaust manifolds. You would have to change your head pipe--- heres the problem I had. YOU can't find a head pipe for these blasted intakes. I got mine from a MUD guy WAY up north...ARTIC circle north!!

My guess is that your manifold is an earlier style. I would really bite the bullet and buy headers my friend. They are a little louder but if you don't have any steering box issues as some have, that's the way to go. Not to mention a little extra HP in the big boat anchor of an engine.

1. If I'd seen your thread sooner, I would have concurred with Pin Head about running the manifold

2. I have a 74 manifold set if you need one.

3. I would rather recommend a good-quality tri-Y header like the ones Downey and I sell] as a long-term solution. And you will never have to worry about breaking off a stud in one!

Best

Mark A.

I got some advice on machining the Intake / Exhaust manifolds, and it it discussed in this thread, starting at post #18

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=117422

One bit of advice was:

Normally... one would reseal the area between the two manifolds... clean mounting surfaces of the head and manifolds... bolt manifold to head( with proper torque) and no gasket.... spot weld the two end pieces of the exhaust manifold( that swivel)... then resurface as a complete aligned unit...yours seems to be out of whack a bit tho...

Good Luck - Hope this helps -

Rocky

Ceramic headers and new manifold

Quick question asked of me, got me to pondering.... I put in ceramic hearders for performance rather than the chrome for looks. I was told that the performance is the expansion and/or compression abilities were better. Has anyone had experience in water immersion?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom