cottonwood info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a decent job offer in Cottonwood, working for the town, but I'd like to talk to someone from there, got a few Q's. Anyone help me out? I'll be without internet for at least the next couple of days, but I'll check in. THanks.

An' chewin tabacca! An' yer sister!

BMAN said:
An' chewin tabacca! An' yer sister!

Thought this was about Cottonwood not Arkansas. or are they the same? :D

Perty damned close... by blood relations anyways.

It's all relative...

:doh:

RUSH55 said:
BMAN, you speak as one who's experienced.

Nope... I don't chew;) ;)

I heard that the movie Wrong Turn was based on true events that took place Just outside Cottonwood

Thanks for the info guys, and thanks for the PM Rush. Just one thing left, anyone familiar with the local gov't? Please PM me. Again, thanks guys.

Love the new avatar scout! Beer in hand and waves crashing the background...aahhhh :beer:

Thanks!

Finally got pics back from the annual Rocky Point pilgimmage. Unfortunately, I didn't have a Corona nearby at that moment. *gasp* So I had to hold the photographer's Dos XX instead.

Last year, on the fishing boat:
meboat.jpg

grrlscout89FJ62 said:
Shoot, now we're one step away from being Noo York City! Yee haw!! Next thing you know, they'll start selling summa that suchee here.

Knowing rottenwood it will be Soiux-She-on-a-stick - :D

BTW where is the best Mex food in that town ?

i think casa whatever (next to giant) is the better mex in cottonwood, but you cant go wrong with javalina cantina in sedona!!!

desertdude said:
Knowing rottenwood it will be Soiux-She-on-a-stick - :D

BTW where is the best Mex food in that town ?
I got all excited when I saw " sushi" on the sign for the new china buffet place. Turns out it's just some crappy California rolls. So back to Takashi I go!

Depends on what kinda Mex food you like. I don't like the massive combo platter with gloppy beans variety. I like more real mex, like carnitas and such.

My faves are La Carreta, for cheap, and Su Casa in Clarkdale for a lil more expensive. Admittedly, La Carreta hasn't been that great the past couple of times I went. I wonder if they changed cooks. Su Casa's mahi mahi tacos are delish. For just a burrito to go, I like Los Burros (??) on 89A and 12th I think. Lotta flies though.

Casa Bonita is the one Rhino mentioned. It's OK. Especially if you like big platters. The drinks are good.

Javelina Cantina is icky. Bland. Unless you like cilantro. Then everything tastes like cilantro. But they do have the best margaritas in the area, hands down.

My new fave Sedona Mex place is that one down in the Village - Los Betos. Basic basic, but way good. They don't tone down the salsa for the gringos. You can even get a cabeza taco if you want. :eek:

And you happen to be in Camp Verde, La Fonda. Not great, not bad. Now I can't help but think of Kip and LaFawnduh from Napoleon Dynamite when I drive by it. :doh:

Always good to get the direct info - I will have to make the cruise around when I am in town.

Agreed on the Javelina margs - the thing about Javelina is they are trying to cater to a wide audience. So the food can be not quite the mex I am into ( Like putting teriyaki sauce in fajitas)

Sedona could use a authentic Southwest eatery - and I have been thinking about it for the past five years... ;)

Thanks for the tips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom