Cottonland Picture of the Day Thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some good antique/junk shops in the Mtn. View area. Did you eat at the local hamburger joint (I forget the name of it)?

Mtn. View is a favorite area of ours.

No burger this trip, but we did get an artisanally hand-crafted "coke" and a round of cream sodas at the soda shop.

IMG_1187.JPG

I was hopin you would chime in wth id here Godwin.

Should have seen the scenario. Retirement condos. Lots of old experts standing around forming a plan as it had clearly been ID'd as a copperhead (common for anything not black around here lol) They want it dead but no one will approach it. I offered to relocate it and was about shunned from the community for my sympathy. I was given my duty and my shovel but some how it "escaped" into the drain to eat another frog another day. :)

But 4th in 3 days. Just meant all snakes are out and becoming more active. Had another today waiting for me at the river pull out.

Heading out to explore a new to me section of the dan river
IMG_0738.JPG

Lee Armstrong is driving my old 76 to its new home in Montana.

(Never should have sold it)

IMG_5694.JPG

Paint seems to be holding up ok after 5 years in Ark and Texas sun

Might have to acquire one with my blood money I'll be earning.

Some people still show their customers that their business is appreciated.
He requires no introduction here

onur tokens.jpg

keep calm.jpg

Onur, thank you for the help with my parts order. You always come through and go the extra 5 miles.

I was hopin you would chime in wth id here Godwin.

Should have seen the scenario. Retirement condos. Lots of old experts standing around forming a plan as it had clearly been ID'd as a copperhead (common for anything not black around here lol) They want it dead but no one will approach it. I offered to relocate it and was about shunned from the community for my sympathy. I was given my duty and my shovel but some how it "escaped" into the drain to eat another frog another day. :)

But 4th in 3 days. Just meant all snakes are out and becoming more active. Had another today waiting for me at the river pull out.

Heading out to explore a new to me section of the dan river
View attachment 1428600

The coloration is a lot like a copperheads especially the more brightly colored midland water snakes. Always lots of experts on hand who don't know squat. I grew up in a neighborhood full of "experts."

No burger this trip, but we did get an artisanally hand-crafted "coke" and a round of cream sodas at the soda shop.

View attachment 1428535

We haven't seen this place. Blanchard Springs is a good place to go, has good hiking trails. The cave tour is worth the $10 and if you're really lucky your driver on the bus ride back to the visitors center will be hippie Dave.

The Gunner Pool rec area is just past Blanchard Springs.

Calico Rock is an interesting little town about 15 miles from Mtn. View and there's a museum there on local history.

This is a little cottonmouth. Venomous but not aggressive. Just keep the kids away. Dogs are pretty tolerant to cottonmouth bites.
Yeah we had the annual snake talk with my youngest. He's into catching lizards and frogs in the creek behind our house and actually found this guy. I flipped him over the fence.

Nice rainbow I got tonight at this cabin we're airbnb-ing on the White River in Mountain View...

View attachment 1427698

Spin fishing for Rainbows?? Dude, what's next, worms and bobbers?
Once you move out here, I'll build you a 4wt.

:flipoff2:

Spin fishing for Rainbows?? Dude, what's next, worms and bobbers?
Once you move out here, I'll build you a 4wt.

:flipoff2:

Lol, I had zero luck with the bobber! I did catch one on a rubber bass worm :grinpimp:

To each his own, obviously, but I'd have killed both of those bastards.

I'd had Debbie kill them. I'd a just stood there and pissed myself.

Snuck out early for a quick paddle with my niece today who got to drive the 80 now thats shes 15. Talk about pucker factor lol
IMG_0775.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom