Cottonland Hunting/Shooting Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jebber's buck from last night!

.facebook_1231124508.jpg

White Trash of the Elwood Chapter, TORC4x4.org, Cottonland Cruisers.

.facebook_1231124508.jpg

DavidW said:
Jebber's buck from last night!

White Trash of the Elwood Chapter, TORC4x4.org, Cottonland Cruisers.

That's a great deer. Whose place are y'all hunting?

Lease he's on up Northwest of Quanah. 1 hour and 45 minutes from us in the Pig!

Nothing sounds like the rack of the 870 Remington.

This is my old duck gun that I made into Julie's home defense gun.

Took hacksaw to the barrel and stock. Taped on a soft recoil pad.

We blast the Halloween pumpkins with it every year to practice.

Looks like you got a double barrel sling shoot as back up.

looking at buying an XDS this week. Anyone shot one or own one?

Not me, but I am curious why you chose the XDS over the Glock 36. Not saying the Glock is better...just genuinely interested in what made you sway one way or the other.

Bomar, My dad has been shooting an XDS for a few years. I have shot it and love it. The one he got my mom might be wife's new CCP gun.

Thanks for all the tips for the princess. When we went shooting her favorite gun was the 870 20 ga. youth model pictured on the right below.

guns.jpg

the pistol in middle is the 38 special stolen the other day.

newpup.jpg

This is scheduled to be ours.

newdog.jpg

puppies parent.

guns.jpg

newdog.jpg

newpup.jpg

Not me, but I am curious why you chose the XDS over the Glock 36. Not saying the Glock is better...just genuinely interested in what made you sway one way or the other.

I am left handed and the XD has mag release on both sides...the adjustability of grips... safety features. I just wish it was made in a 40 cal to run a 357 sig barrel.

I like the balance in hand better than the glock but I have never shot a glock that I really liked. I know several people that swear by them.

Dad's XDS only jammed when he put wrong round in it. Still shot it but would not eject it. I will be buying 2 of these as soon as I get back home.

To Chris, who questioned the authenticity of my gun: It is a suppressed SBR .22. There are a lot of hoops you have to jump through to get one, and lot of $$ to pay, and a looong time to wait for the .gov. Worth every penny. So, not a pellet gun. :cool:

Did you go the gun trust route for sbr/suppressors? If so, who'd you use to set it up?

I did not use trust. Just did them in my name.

I'm concerned about being in the city of Jackson. I'm not sure I can get the appropriate folks to sign off on it without going the trust route. Im still a ways out on doing anything. I'm very much still in the information gathering stage.

wngrog said:
Nothing sounds like the rack of the 870 Remington.

This is my old duck gun that I made into Julie's home defense gun.

Took hacksaw to the barrel and stock. Taped on a soft recoil pad.

We blast the Halloween pumpkins with it every year to practice.

Nevermind

Did you go the gun trust route for sbr/suppressors? If so, who'd you use to set it up?

My first suppressor was done with the fingerprints/background check, etc. After that nightmare (coupled with moving to Lafayette Co.) I decided to do a trust (especially happy about that decision now that I live in Hinds). I have a very good friend that is a practicing lawyer in Oxford, who also does ClassIII on the side. He gave me a copy of a trust he did and made sure my i's were dotted in all the right places. It may not be as great as a trust you pay big $$ for, but it gets the job done, and is legitimate in the eyes of the ATF. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help. Just PM me.

Also, I can give you references for Class III dealers if you want.

ETA: You really are going to do a trust since living in Jackson. I highly doubt you will find a willing Sheriff to sign off on your paperwork. If you need help getting a trust set up, I can also help you too.

My first suppressor was done with the fingerprints/background check, etc. After that nightmare (coupled with moving to Lafayette Co.) I decided to do a trust (especially happy about that decision now that I live in Hinds). I have a very good friend that is a practicing lawyer in Oxford, who also does ClassIII on the side. He gave me a copy of a trust he did and made sure my i's were dotted in all the right places. It may not be as great as a trust you pay big $$ for, but it gets the job done, and is legitimate in the eyes of the ATF. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help. Just PM me.

Also, I can give you references for Class III dealers if you want.

ETA: You really are going to do a trust since living in Jackson. I highly doubt you will find a willing Sheriff to sign off on your paperwork. If you need help getting a trust set up, I can also help you too.

Thanks man. I'm still kicking it around. Part of me wants some NFA stuff, and part of me really likes not being tied down to a huge pain in the ass if I ever have the need to raise capital. I made the mistake of shooting my buddies suppressed buckmark.... bad idea jeans.

Thanks man. I'm still kicking it around. Part of me wants some NFA stuff, and part of me really likes not being tied down to a huge pain in the ass if I ever have the need to raise capital. I made the mistake of shooting my buddies suppressed buckmark.... bad idea jeans.

I've got a suppressed Ruger 22/45 that is the bee's knees. NFA is something that you really can't get rid of once you buy it. Selling it is easy, but waiting for a transfer to get approved takes ages. It is best to go and buy something, knowing that you can't/do not want to get rid of if you ever needed the extra dough.

Nolen, what kind of .308 can did you decide to go with?

and part of me really likes not being tied down to a huge pain in the ass if I ever have the need to raise capital.

Is this a comment specifically around using a gun trust, or one about these types of assets being illiquid in general? Just got me thinking there might be a disadvantage to the trusts that I was not aware of.

Is this a comment specifically around using a gun trust, or one about these types of assets being illiquid in general? Just got me thinking there might be a disadvantage to the trusts that I was not aware of.

The comment is directed towards not being able to liquidate assets quickly. The only foreseeable disadvantage to a trust is that the ATF can determine that the trust is not valid, even after your paperwork has been approved. This has happened in the past, but it is extremely rare, and is the result of a very poorly written trust. The big advantage to the trust, is if you ever need to transfer the guns to someone else (i.e. in case of a foreseeable death)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom