Cottonland Hunting/Shooting Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
I went and searched the Cottonland Gun thread I have been referring to, however, it seems that Jes and I got into a pissing match it it resulting in it being closed.

So......since there are so many people here that are passionate about shooting and hunting, how about a new thread?

Let's see those deer camera pictures and targets.....

first!

300px-Chadian_soldiers_in_Toyota_pickup_truck.jpg

To Chris, who questioned the authenticity of my gun: It is a suppressed SBR .22. There are a lot of hoops you have to jump through to get one, and lot of $$ to pay, and a looong time to wait for the .gov. Worth every penny. So, not a pellet gun. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0yWGxQ-bXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yI3Z3JF-Vs

Bought this one this week. It is quieter than a Red Rider BB gun with the right ammo. The cheek weld sucks, so I need to pick up some low profile rings (hoping Santa pays me a visit)
photo.jpg

Shot this guy about an hour after having my new gun:
8a026a7671.jpeg

Last season:
310898_10100111876650156_6510648_41594371_2111378335_n-Copy.jpg

380043_10100159652072826_6510323_41776786_355987685_n-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Nolen!

Damn Nolen, have gun will travel...

wanabecruisen said:
Damn Nolen, have gun will travel...

We have gone to does only for non-family but if you ever want to come shoot s slick and hang out, let me know.

Better pic of the Kubota Diesel. This thing is really nice. Cab is built on the chassis. Not an add on that leaks. A/ C works like a tractor.

My 4 door mini truck died and I talked him into this so I could steal his 2 door Suzuki truck

image-698254571.jpg

Well my house in the country has already been broken into. Have not even made first payment. Mother fxxxers!!! I am looking for gun for the wife. Any ideas? They stole my .38 special, which my wife hated. I met a retired cop that carried a .410 pistol, has anybody used one of those. I am so pissed and it sucks to be on the other side of the world, when all I want to do is hunt down, kill and skull fxxx the mother fxxxers.

MEMCruiser said:
Well my house in the country has already been broken into. Have not even made first payment. Mother fxxxers!!! I am looking for gun for the wife. Any ideas? They stole my .38 special, which my wife hated. I met a retired cop that carried a .410 pistol, has anybody used one of those. I am so pissed and it sucks to be on the other side of the world, when all I want to do is hunt down, kill and skull fxxx the mother fxxxers.

That's the worst. So sorry.

Invest in a dog and an alarm system.

The pistol is a Judge. Too big for your wife. I would suggest another revolver for simplicity if she is not familiar with shooting.

Take her with you to a good store like Vans and talk to someone knowledgable. Let them sell you on the right gun.

Sorry to hear that, thought you moved away from that mess. Hope it's not to bad

Damn that sucks...yes go to a store and let them fit her. Also look at shot guns.

I second dogs. Mine sounds like big killers when they hear a noise but we know that is not the case. Plus they have better hearing than me.

That's f'ing terrible.

The judge is a good concept, but it's going to be a lot of gun for your wife to shoot.

Get a shotgun. A basic 12 gauge pump (Remington 870 or Winchester 1300) is the best bang for the buck when it comes to home defense, and a pump is both safe and reliable. There are boatloads of accessories to transform both the 870 and the 1300 into badass defense systems.

My mom got broken into late one night while she was sleeping. My home defense 1300 moved in with her the next day. A few rounds of 00 out back and they were both ready to go. That setup is literally point and shoot.

Unless they had been shooting the gun regularly for years, I would never choose a .38 over a 12 gauge for home defense.

Nothing sounds like the rack of the 870 Remington.

This is my old duck gun that I made into Julie's home defense gun.

Took hacksaw to the barrel and stock. Taped on a soft recoil pad.

We blast the Halloween pumpkins with it every year to practice.

image-1043408997.jpg

I know how you feel but would offer slightly different advice. Do invest in a good alarm system and also a large dog breed if it can fit into your lifestyle.

Handguns are great for concealed carry but, as stated, the shotgun is the best home defense weapon. However, no weapon is effective if you are not comfortable with it or are scared of the recoil. For that reason I would opt for a 20ga in a semi-auto configuration. The 20ga is nearly as effective in across the room situations as the 12ga but with much less recoil on the shooter. The semi auto action also absorbes some of the recoil by it's very nature. Further, a short barrel is desirable as it makes handling the weapon much easier in tight spaces. Finally, conside a "youth" model as the proportions are all going to work in your favor in a home defense situation as well as fit a smaller adult better. There are other reasons to pick the 20ga that have to do with the legal s***storm that will follow having to use a weapon in self defense :mad: but that is a topic for another discussion and a minor consideration.

Here is a clip from a great article I read a while back:

"Remington 11-87 Sportsman Youth – As a compact, easy shooting shotgun, it is tough to beat the Remington 11-87 Youth. A semi-auto chambered in 20 gauge, this shotgun has a 21” barrel and a adjustable pull of length, meaning you can fit the firearm perfectly for the shooter. MSRP $804."

This, or something similar, would be my suggestion. Finally, once you make your choice you must get her to shoot it until she is comfortable with the system. Hope that helps

Above is exactly what my wife uses, and is comfortable with--my old youth model 20ga with the barrel shortened down and plug removed. Full of 00 buckshot. Almost zero recoil and she's gotten pretty good and shooting it.

On that note, we never practice with anything but dove loads. No reason to deal with extra recoil IMO.

If she has to use it I assure you she won't be thinking....hey, that's recoil is more than I remembered :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom