Costco Selling Knockoff MAXTRAX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Costco is selling these knockoff MAXTRAX for $129.99 - includes S&H. Not sure of quality, but it is Costco.

I've watched one comparison video from Australia; It looks like if one is on a budget and knows about the potential issues the knock-offs can be fine. They don't appear to handle the weight of the vehicle as well, and don't return to "normal" shape as well. The presenters other main comment was the handle positions for use as a shovel. The maxtrax were a lot better from an ergonomic sense. I wonder how many "copies" are out there these days? Definitely a lot easier to return through Costco than ebay though.

I've watched one comparison video from Australia; It looks like if one is on a budget and knows about the potential issues the knock-offs can be fine. They don't appear to handle the weight of the vehicle as well, and don't return to "normal" shape as well. The presenters other main comment was the handle positions for use as a shovel. The maxtrax were a lot better from an ergonomic sense. I wonder how many "copies" are out there these days? Definitely a lot easier to return through Costco than ebay though.
Now we need someone to test these out, and since it is Costco it is like trying them out for free. These are not electronics so Costco should take these back no matter what.

I picked those up from Amazon not to long ago. Sturdy feeling, fit together well. Havn't had a chance to actually use them yet, just sitting in the back of the 4Runner. They do have holes for mounting, which is nice.

Costco does not typically stock shady products, their buyers have high standards. But hey, if they suck, take em back.

I'll save you the time and effort to test them. They work fine for leveling your trailer or rig. They do fine as traction boards in sand....worked well for me in the soft sand of Padre Island. If you use them to "bridge" then they are a one-and-done type of board. I've since gotten the X-Bull and like them the same, though they aren't good for bridging either. Personally, I'd get the X-Bulls off Amazon for $30 less than the Maxsa tracks from Costco.

IMG_3990.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom