Cost to powder coat a frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scott68FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.myblueheaven.com
I am curious as to what people are paying to have an FJ40 frame powder coated? I have read a number of build threads where people are having it done, just haven't seen anyone mention the out of pocket cost for having it done.

cost me almost $1000 bucks in CT and it didn't come out good the first time they did it - i had to bring it back! i wont be powdercoating again...

EDIT: sandblasting was included

Last edited:
My powdercoat guy charges $700 to sand blast and powdercoat an FJ40 frame. Top quality work too. Very much worth it.

Mark...

I recently had a frame powder coated for $300. The frame was already prepped and did not include any sandblasting.

i got mine sandblasted and coated for 300 dollars. usually they will ask for more dollars if you want some other color then black but the power all cost the same so dont pay extra for color. tell them no

i should've posted above that if I can get mine sandblasted and powdercoated for the prices above ...$300, $450 - i would think about doing it again. now that i'm in mississippi that might be possible but everyone in CT wanted about $1000

Thanks for all the replies. I honestly haven't decided if I am going to have my frame power coated, but if I can find someone to do it in the $300 range instead of the $1000 range, that will go a long ways in helping me decide.

I got mine sandblasted & PC for $500.

When I picked it up the laborers cussed me as I had painted part of the frame with Rust Bullet. They said the sandblaster wouldnt even touch the stuff. So they had to break out a grinder and clean up what the sand couldnt get off.

Takeaway...rust bullet and some epoxy primer / chassis paint might be just as durable and cost much less.

I used zerorust paint and just did it by hand, but here in CA the pricing for the powdercoating was astronomical, I think I was quoted $1600, so just got some wire wheel cup brushes on my grinder, a masque and some loud music and went at it, came out great.

Noah

I used zerorust paint and just did it by hand, but here in CA the pricing for the powdercoating was astronomical, I think I was quoted $1600, so just got some wire wheel cup brushes on my grinder, a masque and some loud music and went at it, came out great.

Noah

Zero Rust is my weapon of choice in most cases, infact, I just bought a case of spray cans a few months ago. It is still my plan to use, and will remain so if I forgo the powder coating idea.

pretty new to this - just bought a 76 FJ40. Interested in having the frame blasted and pc. Can they do this w/ the body on the frame?

No.... frame has to be detatched from body steering box should be removed also since the frame is put in an oven to cook so any bushings and seals will get cooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom