cost of operating your bj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have not really come to a number for my bj60 but, use it as a business vehicle. Has anyone calculated the true cost per km/mile with your bj60? Would like to know some numbers. I can adjust the fuel cost based on what we are paying here south of Vancouver.

Thanks

guys, I am asking for more participation! My insurance is 120.00 per month. The fuel cost is 1.25 per litter. Fuel economy has dropped to 22 mpg or ?? per km? I have not done any calc for parts..but will need to replace the truck. I have been considering a older toyota gas truck. Much more reliable the a dodge caravan.

try antique insurance : ) Depending on how long you've owned it you may want if not done change the hoses, belts, oils, Now I'm guessing you must be a new owner as per your questions and that you mention a 'dog caravan' ! Over the long haul - anyone on here just chime in on your maintenance over a 5 yr period and I'll bet it will be lower than a new dog caravan !
Just don't drive a diesel and expect gas response unless you want to spend $$$$$
: )

During a 15 year time period, my total operating costs averaged 17.2 cents per kilometer. This included the initial cost of the used vehicle (1982 BJ60 bought in 1987 and sold in 2002) and all costs ever associated with the vehicle - insurance, license fees, repairs, fuel, parts, etc. It was as inexpensive to operate as any vehicle I have ever owned.

Varies with fuel costs, but somewhere around .45 cents km, thats with me doing most of the work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom