Corvette headers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, so I am padding my post count a little tonight. Below is a pic of the TBI setup in my 55. I am using a corvette header that was only used on corvettes between 1980 - 82, I think. They are not rams horns and they have 2.5" outlet. As you can see, I welded shut the rail air openings. Because my 1975 pig is SMOG EXEMPT :bounce: I also have set of shields that cover them and prevent the wires from contacting the pipes.

Last edited:
Suhweet!...:)

Count padding included!

Oh, yes. One piece. They actually have a part number stamped on them. If you buy from a corvette shop ~$250. If you get off ebay ~$50.

Nice installation! What are you running in your FJ, Bill?

Funny you ask. My FJ runs a stock 1975 2F engine with pertronix ignition. Fj60 starter. Sm420\3 speed case. On board air. It pushes 38 sx swampers slowly up the hills. Lockrites front and rear. I will be putting a 350 TBI in this next winter.

My FJ40 has a 350 V8/350 turbo that PO dropped in. The #s don't all match up, but it appears to be a '79 truck engine, with some Corvette center drop headers. Have you checked into motor mounts yet? My look like a good design, but I have no idea if they were custom, or if I can find them OTC somewhere. Keep me posted when you get that far with your 40!
(I'm your neighbor in El Dorado Hills) P.S. - That's one scary looking attack dog!

I am a surveyor and I do quite a lot of work up in El Dorado Hills and that area. I drive my 40 around quite a bit. Lifted, red, and those huge tires.

Bill-
Mine just lays in the driveway,... waiting for me to finish up pullies, brackets and belts. I've installed an electric fan and new radiator, but needed clearance and had to switch to a short-style water pump. Now, of course, nothing else fits!
I've also been trying to locate a good body guy nearby - need to rplace floor pans and rockers, prep and paint.
I'm on Powers Dr. in Ridgeview Village. I home-office as a Farmers Insurance agent, so stop by when you're next in the neighborhood. I always appreciate input on how to spend more money on this creature!

I printed out your reply and will drive by sometime. I will be out and about most of this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom