Correct water pump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am marring an 86 FJ60 2F into a 40. The only water pump listed for that engine has an oil poker spout. I ordered the OEM pump, and had to send it back. Is the pump without the oil cooler consistent thru the years? I have this no-name on currently, and want to go OEM,
aAnyone have the part number?
I also sourced OEM radiator and hoses, the rad is the same 78-86.

3A4912CA-7CB9-4955-A4AE-C0A39934507D.jpeg

Among other factors, it depends on if you are using an oil cooler or not. Also, the below water pumps are for fan clutch applications as well.

With an oil cooler: 16110-61081 or Aisin WPT-028
1621431496845.png

Without an oil cooler: Aisin WPT-063
1621431149582.png

@GA Architect So mine is sans oil cooler, with fan clutch. Do you have any idea how many years the WPT-063 covers? Kyle has been very helpful!
FWIW: I have an '86 2F in my '77 FJ40. The original '77 2F didn't run an oil cooler. The '86 2F did. I didn't install the oil cooler, so I use the Aisin WPT-063 in my truck.

I'm not 100% sure when these types of water pumps were first used, 8/76 is a possibility.

I am marring an 86 FJ60 2F into a 40. The only water pump listed for that engine has an oil poker spout. I ordered the OEM pump, and had to send it back. Is the pump without the oil cooler consistent thru the years? I have this no-name on currently, and want to go OEM,
aAnyone have the part number?
I also sourced OEM radiator and hoses, the rad is the same 78-86.

View attachment 2678334

I hope I’m not too late for the correct water pump party ?

As I understand the above from you and SOLID MUD Buddy @GA Architect
?

You need a :

- YES fan clutch unit for a 2F

And

- a NO oil cooler option one as well set up pump

Here we are , a real TEq unit factory japan

Let me know how I can further help

Thanks

1A780612-FCD2-4319-B719-09E11507D6AA.jpeg
37F8B51C-0D03-4507-A66F-0ED668562A77.jpeg
98BD19B4-39D7-4CD2-8D33-5A253E039E44.jpeg
625C6F17-C110-4F37-A1AC-714B17EFC49D.jpeg

i also Offer up all inclusive Water pump Mounting hardware Kits w/ bypass hose

stop by and say hello

ALL 1st time MUD customers get 10% off

@ToyotaMatt
I didn't see it on your site! Show me a link please, and thanks for showing up!

i dont have this exact unit online store ..................

its very hard time-wise to list and generate a full website listing for a single one-off parts like this , if you follow me

i do indeed only have one in-stock

i will PM you to discuss further ...........

i am flexible , and will do what needs to be done here for you in this case :)

here is my Water pump Install Kit i have going on that focuses around the needed By-pass hose , NEVER purchase this hose from NAPA or say auto-zone , the Toyota genuine parts one is a superior quality compared , hangs down ...........

i DO subscribe to the Theory of Stainless Steel Double Wire Bayonet Clamps in this particular case , over the OEM Hot Dipped galvanized Lower quality ones offered at your local toyota dealer ....

a OEM Toyota main gasket is also 3 times as thick as a stupid after market paper ones , Toyota ones are i am fairly certain a form of Kevlar or something similar ? anyway totally heavy duty period .....

- lastly Mounting Hardware , the Current Toyota Genuine parts bolts have a unique Plating on them that screams Corrosion Resistance in every way

there also STAMPED Numbered Heads too .......JIS Spec.

one may hear or read here on MUD of cleaning up old bolts and re-using them in a water pump replace , but Why ?

its a waist of good time use , and well they will begin to rust right away again upon re-install , so why make life difficult now and later if the pump is required to be removed again for any reason ?

1622429517397.png

Among other factors, it depends on if you are using an oil cooler or not. Also, the below water pumps are for fan clutch applications as well.

With an oil cooler: 16110-61081 or Aisin WPT-028
View attachment 2678396

Without an oil cooler: Aisin WPT-063
View attachment 2678390
Thanks for posting this. OEM Rebuild kits are impossible to find and I can’t tell any difference in the brand new Aisin pump and the OEM I’m taking off. Looks exact. Did Aisin supply this to part Toyota as OEM part?

Thanks for posting this. OEM Rebuild kits are impossible to find and I can’t tell any difference in the brand new Aisin pump and the OEM I’m taking off. Looks exact. Did Aisin supply this to part Toyota as OEM part?
Yes, Aisin does supply OEM parts for Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom