correct pn for a late fzj80 or LX450 rear axle shaft with Elocker

joekatana

GOLD Star
I am running axles from a 1996 LX450 under my HZJ73 wheeler and this weekend I snapped the right rear axle shaft the one with the long splines , I tried to buy some RCV or Nitros but everyone is out of inventory so my next step is trying to get a oem one . These days the dealers need a vin number to look anything up so that doesn't work in my case .

Anyone happen to know the correct part number for the right rear shaft with elocker ?

Thank you

Joe

Think it is discontinued believe I saw that in the thread for discontinued parts for 80s . Can find used though, don’t know if any new ones left in the country

joekatana

GOLD Star
Think it is discontinued believe I saw that in the thread for discontinued parts for 80s . Can find used though, don’t know if any new ones left in the country
Pretty sure there must be a superceded number to the original part number , 97 is not that long ago and this is a part that has a reputation of twisting and breaking.

Have to wait for confirmation from a parts guru, but I also believe this one is now gone forever. A used spare might be your only option.

Axles for the non-locked models are still available, so it's something to consider for people looking at used 80's to buy today. I'd personally take a non-locked model these days and stick a Harrop ELocker on.

77mustard40

SILVER Star
Joe I order from AutoNation here in Austin, their website shows that it is available, $260.79 using the wholesale link

• Genuine:
    Toyota Parts
    Scion Parts
  • SKU:42311-60110
  • Positions:Right, Right Rear
  • Other Names:Axle Shafts, Multiple-Part Name Code
  • Description:
    Land Cruiser. Right. With locking differential. Rear axle disc brakes, with locking diff.
  • Condition:New

joekatana

GOLD Star
If you do the order, please report back if it arrives. I'm sure others will be interested to know.
I got a message from a good friend and Mud member that has a used one that I can have so I am going that way and get on the waiting list for a set of RCV shafts because oem will fail again how I use this cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom