Correct part for oil cooler install ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need help finding the correct part for an oil cooler install. I haven't
bought anything yet and need to find the correct size adapter.

The inside diameter of my oil filter thread is 30MM X 1.5MM TH'D

Here are some filters that fit my 86 HJ60

Napa gold 1627

1000351 TOYOTA 1023 COOPERS 15601 68010 TOYOTA 51627 WIX BT221 BALDWIN C107 VIC C160 CHAMP C160 UNIONJAPAN LF3399 FLEETGUARD P550707 DONALDSON PH4704 FRAM T1633 MICRO WF1044 WESFIL Z161X RYCO

Here is the part I'm looking for circled in the photo:

Can't find it in my internet searches.
b&m_70270.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious - does your oil get hot (like >240 degrees)? I run Mobil 1 15w50 and I've got a temp sender in the bottom of the oil pan. Granted, it's the bottom of the pan, but I haven't seen temps over ~170. We'll see what it does in hot weather but so far I've decided against adding an extra oil cooler for my engine.

I have a cooler similar to the above on my truck, only because the 1999 5.7 Vortec was setup to have one and I just went ahead with the setup. 1999 Yukon had the OEM cooler installed....I axed the OEM GM hoses and installed some braided line from the oil filter adapter to the cooler when I did the engine swap. I can't say if it make any real difference as I don't have a oil temp gauge. The cooler may coom off when I get the A/C going in a few months, or at least attempt to get it fixed. (hybrid GM & Toyota A/C parts combination).

A 2f takes a PH8A (Fram #) or equivalent which is a very common Ford filter. (You will need to determine which filter your motor takes as I'm not familiar with it.) Any source, such as Summit Racing, should be able to provide that for you as long as you can specify what filter fits it.

do they make that adapter to work with the FJ60 I-6 configuration? I know on the SBC the oil filter adapter (depending on the year model of the engine) has the cooler ports built in (where you have the fittings installed to mate with the hose that runs to the cooler.

There is an OE Ford filter "adapter" made with the oil cooler ports built into it. Commonly found on the EFI 460 engines in trucks. The problem is that you'll have to make the hollow bolt that attaches it to the engine as those engines with that adapter have a different fitting on the block. An oil filter won't screw to the block with the adapter removed. The adapter is cool though, it has what appears to be a thermostat built into it and it changes the angle to more vertical.

I have an HJ60 turbo diesel and intend to tow a trailer so I was advised by my longtime mechanic and friend (Landcruiser god on the East coast of Canada) to install an oil cooler. As my post said the inside diameter of my filter threads are M30 x 1.5mm.
I have posted a list of filters that fit my cruiser and am currently using the Baldwin BT221.

What I'm looking for is someone who sells a spin on oil filter adapter that fits this thread pattern.

I figured if I posted this here instead of the diesel thread I'd get more action.

I have searched online but haven't found anything....

I don't know how to transfer this post to the diesel section.

Thanks gentlemen. I'll probably have to get one manufactured or look around up here in Canada ;

Some other HJ60 owner must have obtained one somewhere.

I too am looking for an oil filter "sandwich" adapter for my 2H (I can confirm the 30x1.5), but my intended use is for an NPT 1/8" aftermarket oil pressure sender for a REAL oil pressure gauge.

So far, no luck. NAPA failed, everyone so far, even if they know what this is, stops at a 20. When I say "30" they all say "DAMN, that's BIG!". Well, I'm used to hearing sentiments like that, but there's GOTTA be somebody who makes one.

Alternatively, I can make a T at the OEM location, right (one for the stock sender, one for the new one)?

On that circled part is an o-ring on that side of the oil cooler, I wasn't aware this was an aftermarket item on my cruiser and it's missing that o-ring...do I have to special order that ring or can I just pick it up at an auto store with a size #?

well I replaced that o-ring on it, with great difficulty of finding it, and this thing is still leaking constantly... maybe theres another ring or washer im missing. Only if you really need this cooler you should get it. if i cant get it to stop leaking though i might just chuck it...

I'm using Luber Finer LPF923 and was thinging in the oil cooler adition time ago .. ( I have few temp problems with I got nasty with my fuel setting .. and boosting over 14 PSI :D )

But have no luck sourcing a sandwish for 30 X 1.5mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom