correct brand of battery for key fob? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace the battery in both of my key fobs. It turns out that the OEM CR 2016 battery is 19.89mm in diameter, and the Duracell DL/CR 2016 is 19.97mm. That .08mm means that the dang Duracell doesn't fit. Can anyone who's replaced their battery remember what brand they bought that fit?

So I bought a couple of 1616 batteries based on @trdcorolla's recommendation. They're way too small. Maybe it's a non-stock fob? Is that possible? I guess I'll try the "bring it to Batteries Plus" option and see if they can figure out what to do.

So I bought a couple of 1616 batteries based on @trdcorolla's recommendation. They're way too small. Maybe it's a non-stock fob? Is that possible? I guess I'll try the "bring it to Batteries Plus" option and see if they can figure out what to do.
There are two revs of the genuine Toyota/Lexus remotes. One uses the 1616, the other uses 2016. I'm guessing you have a later year model.

I've swapped many brands. Never had a misfit. I like Panasonic. You can buy foil package 5 packs on Amazon nice and cheap. They've always worked well for me.

I'm impressed to see battery measurements to the hundredth millimeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom