Correct Backspacing for 345/75/16??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What would be ideal backspacing for a 16x9" wheel to minimize rubbing? Or, if you know in terms of 16x8 wheels, still please share your input. It'll be easy for me to figure out how to adapt that to a 16x9.

I currently have 315/75/16s mounted to 16x9 wheels with 3.5" backspacing (they stick past the flares a little bit) but was wondering if i would be better off with 4.5" of backspacing to help clear the larger 345s.

Thanks!

I'm just wondering if I should switch to 4.5" backspacing to decrease the likelihood of rubbing.

Anybody???

No experience here but I believe @nukegoat runs that tire on stock wheels with a 1.25" spacer. Maybe ask him how that combo works out.

Yep I run 1.25" spacers on stock wheels... depends on your lift and suspension setup but mine rubbed the coil buckets, frame etc.

No experience here but I believe @nukegoat runs that tire on stock wheels with a 1.25" spacer. Maybe ask him how that combo works out.

I should also point out that moving the tire away from the knuckle will just increase scrub. If it's just for looks then rock out. In the rough terrain it can be a real detriment.

I run 365/75/16 KM2's on stock wheels. No spacers. No suspension mods. 3" body lift, some minor trimming.

I have no troubles with steering. Offroad or on. No bump steer, no odd tracking problems. Plenty of folks on the board add hydro assist to the steering. I have no need for it, which was a pleasant surprise. I'd strongly recommend keeping the stock offset/backspace.

The 365's are flush with the outside of the flares. They did rub the control arms, so I adjusted the steering stops to eliminate that. Not ideal, there have been instances where I had to three point a turn in the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom