Coronado Forest closed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Threads
Got word thru the Girl Scout Council (Zoe is a Brownie) that the Forest Service is closing the Coronado National Forest beginning June 9th until they determine there has been sufficient rainfall to re-open it.
Checked the website, it's true. :frown:

Coronado National Forest - Home Page

I have no recollection of it being closed before. Anybody recall the last time it was so bad they closed the forest?

I don't know about Coronado, but I can remember the forest around here getting closed. It sucks, but it's prolly for the best, there's too many people who can't behave.:hillbilly:

July 4th would be really scary. There were fireworks remains all over the desert after New Years.:eek::mad:

People really can't be that stupid.........................:whoops::doh:

I remember Coconino National Forest being completely closed a few years back until the monsoons started. I hope they do it again. One careless match and you have another fire. Even parking a vehicle off to the side of a forest service road can start a fire if the CAT comes in contact with tall dead glass. I use pine needles to start a fire in my stove and it doesn't take much to have a roaring fire. Thanks to Tony (Mountain Cruiser) who helped me get my old military dumping trailer fixed I will be hauling loads of pines needles and oak leaves off my property this weekend. It surprises me how many water tanks up there that were full early in the spring are now dry from all the winds this spring.

Never as a preemptive thing in the 30+ years I've lived here. It sucks, but is probably wise.

Thats what I was thinking also. I've lived here since 81 and don't ever remember them doing it. It is a good thing, but I'm bummed. We had some hikes planned this summer.

Baggins, I like the fear and loathing Gonzo you got going on.

I agree with Rob, too many people don't know what a complete out fire is and have no idea that roots can smolder underground for days only to pop back up in a nice dry area leading to a serious fire. It's like they need to teach this stuff in school so people don't grow up into idiots. And the legality of fireworks here just goes to show our state leaders can be just as dumb as the general public sometimes. Why would you make it easy for people to get flaming projectiles?

Love that avi. Thanks.

Don't get me started on fireworks. They sell the s*** in grocery stores now. Fxxxing stupid.:rolleyes::mad:

And the legality of fireworks here just goes to show our state leaders can be just as dumb as the general public sometimes. Why would you make it easy for people to get flaming projectiles?

I wonder if Jan Brewer will show up at a major fire started by fireworks with the speed about we are doing everything that can be done to help everyone effected by the fire. Would that includes going back in a time machine and not signing the bill. I try not to be political but in a state as dry as ours has been for many years this was just dumb.

I wonder if Jan Brewer will show up at a major fire started by fireworks with the speed about we are doing everything that can be done to help everyone effected by the fire. Would that includes going back in a time machine and not signing the bill. I try not to be political but in a state as dry as ours has been for many years this was just dumb.

"We had......did what was best for Arizona"
:hillbilly::whoops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom