Cornering Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Devilmans Hand

TLCA #19517
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
This need keeps popping up in my vehicles and now the :princess:s Rubicon, so now this is a priority. Changing the headlights is not an option.

I'm thinking that a pair of LED lights strategically placed on the front bumper or inside the engine compartment angled through the wheel well and independently energized and activated by the turn signal when the lights are on may be one way. However, this seems like a pain to wire.
The lights need to be "automatic" in a sense for ease of use.
The fog lights are being replaced with rigid pods and I'm going to try and angle them moreso towards the corners, but that still leaves the 90degree as dark spots. People standing in crosswalks at turn lanes are invisible at night.

Are there any legal issues with 90degree biased white lights for this purpose if I keep them below the headlights? As I recall, we can't have more than 4 white forward facing lights on at any time on road, but what about intermittent lighting?

Any ideas from this group think? Bolt on ready product?

I'm thinking that a pair of LED lights strategically placed on the front bumper or inside the engine compartment angled through the wheel well and independently energized and activated by the turn signal when the lights are on may be one way. However, this seems like a pain to wire.
The lights need to be "automatic" in a sense for ease of use.

Doable without too much pain.
- Headlight circuit provides power to wheel well lights via relay contacts.
- Turn signal activates a simple delay timer circuit that powers the relay (turns on w w lights) and keeps the relay energized during the turn signal off time.
- After turn signal stops flashing the timer expires (3 to 5 seconds) and turns off the relay. Wheel well light goes off.
- Only works when the headlights are on.
- 4 way flashers with headlights on will turn on both w w lights.
- 4 connections: turn signal, headlight, wheel well light & ground.
- Need one for each side.
- $20 +\- in parts.

I think a couple smaller rock lights in Amber will fit the bill and double as side facing turn signals.
Might still do a 4"-8" flat light bar on each side though.
Screenshot_20170827-153747.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom