Coral Canyon Saturday May 30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to make another day trip to Corral Canyon. Thinking about Sidewinder but am open to other suggestions. Should limit group to 5.

Minimum rig requirements:

sliders
At least 1 Locker
33” Tires

Meet at the Corral Canyon staging area at 9:00 am. Expect to finish trail by the afternoon.

Brian
858-650-9933

so far we have the following attending
619toy.
Socallcruiser
1fzj80
Loober

Last edited:
We’re in!

Maybe add to the requirements the possibility/probability of damage and a great sense of humor :cheers:

Damn it...life sucks, I have to teach that day!

I’ll come too if there is still room

Yep got it all squared away, tested in my driveway, give it another go, hopefully jars the remaining clumps of mud loose.

Looking forward to the trail this weekend. Looks like we are down to one more rig if there are any takers.

Brian

Wish I could join, working Saturday. Went last Friday and just barely avoided carnage. Build a few rock piles to keep from adding more paint to thIs big rock.

CA6F1DB0-029F-4693-B426-4AF9B33B4CF6.jpeg

1D63AE94-95AF-4764-B601-0E134933790B.jpeg

0A4E0A56-EF88-41C6-A1E9-C4D1E9247F7F.jpeg

18604BB1-A525-47A6-AB79-3E69FB403310.jpeg

357822FA-BA3D-4291-A660-EF1D5BD92341.jpeg

Weekend :bounce:weekend:bounce2:weekend:cheers:

Still a go for us too! We can discuss in the morning,but there are a ton of options, some probably less extreme than Bronco.

Have fun guys... looking forward to hearing about the run!

Well, not an uneventful trip.

Meself, Mark, Mike, and Brian met up as planned and embarked on sidewinder. Things were going fine until they weren't. Brian was in front, then me, Mike behind me in the 100 series, Mark behind him. We got to the steep up hill section, with the off camber to the right, Brian and I got up fine, Mike got hung up half way up with his right side up along the bank. As I was walking down to check out the situation, Mike is spinning his tires, and I hear a loud BANG BANG, both CV's gonzo.

It was quickly apparent he was not getting up on one rear drive wheel. Recovery effort ensues. I turned my tacoma around so I can use my winch, because of the turn in the trail, I could not pull on him straight without causing serious damage to his right side, so out comes the snatch block. There weren't any suitable rocks to anchor the block but plenty of "trees" more like oversized bushes. We find one that looks the best, rig everything up and start pulling. To our surprise the bush held and we got Mike up but then ran out of real estate on the winch line.

Mark hooked up to him from the back to pull him away from the bank as I repositioned and pulled straight., while Mike's boys pushed with their feet on the side. It worked and we got him up, limiting the damage to his side. All and all it could have been much worse, everyone worked together great, and we got through the rest of trail without more drama.

Mike and his boys tore apart the front end to make it driveable in no time, it was clear they've done it before. The body damage is a bummer but Mike was good sport and will get it patched up in no time and get his redemption.

The three of us continued on and did the first half of bronco peak and back.

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

Man, that is not Mikes trail. The same thing happened to his CV last time and I think that is the same rock that got us all on the right quarter panels! Oh well at least he tried again! I bet your getting good at disconnecting the front axles by now!

Man, that is not Mikes trail. The same thing happened to his CV last time and I think that is the same rock that got us all on the right quarter panels! Oh well at least he tried again! I bet your getting good at disconnecting the front axles by now!
Knowing him he will return and conquer that trail but he question is who's providing the celebratory refreshments? I'm in for a case. :beer:

AGAIN!?!? Mike - are you locked in the front only? Locked when it happened that last couple of time? Are you using OEM CVs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom