♦ Copper State Classic Cruize ♦ April 22nd, 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Murph, count my crew in for three trucks, cool to see this come together finally, thanks for taking the initiative

I just need to figure a way to make this happen. My 89 would qualify but would really like to bring the 70 FJ40. Kind of hard replacing the clutch slave cylinder 150 miles away. 70 for a low last night it's about time to leave the valley.

Is there some a good place to park my Sequoia and car hauler in the far East valley for the day. Drove my 68 a lot of years between Flagstaff and Phoenix. Once I got my 89 was happy to never to that again.

I just need to figure a way to make this happen. My 89 would qualify but would really like to bring the 70 FJ40. Kind of hard replacing the clutch slave cylinder 150 miles away. 70 for a low last night it's about time to leave the valley.

Is there some a good place to park my Sequoia and car hauler in the far East valley for the day. Drove my 68 a lot of years between Flagstaff and Phoenix. Once I got my 89 was happy to never to that again.
so many choices! Im sure we will see you in one of them ~

Park it in Superior? or at the turnoff? I see lots of Toy haulers with trailers parked when I drive trough.

Also who's got CB's?, good to mix 'amongst' the group.

I usually bring my CB along with the ham handheld

My brother's 1969 CB radio - still installed in his FJ40 when he gave it to me. The mic needs a little work . . .

7D_23500-small.jpg
Matt's Lafayette Telsat-150 s9_mag_jul_1969_pg02.png

Steve, that should qualify for your "vintage anything" I can pick you up a new mic if needed. Let me know.

Steve, that should qualify for your "vintage anything" I can pick you up a new mic if needed. Let me know.
Thanks for the mic offer - but I don't believe this radio even works. It is more of a keepsake than anything else.

Not near as old but have this old CB/radio combo I still searching for the knob. Maybe next year's classic run will have it back in my 68.

IMG_1802 (1).JPG
IMG_1805.JPG
IMG_1806.JPG

Sadly with this run on a Sunday, so far away from Prescott and new job, can’t get Monday off-I won’t be bringing the 40 down. But hope to get a Vintage Run going up in Prescott this summer on a Saturday. That said, I might be “riding along” with Jack A.

Murph, count my crew in for three trucks, cool to see this come together finally, thanks for taking the initiative
Need a backseat driver?

View attachment 1654736
There has been some conversation about doing our own Relic Run - CSC style. After much delay the date has been picked!

For our first COPPER STATE CLASSIC CRUIZE, here are the details:

What is it? A run designed specifically for older Toyota 4x4's from 1962-1989. Bring your Mini, 4Runner, 40, 45, 55, 60, & 62! If you don't have a "Relic", see if you can ride shotgun with someone!

When: It will be a day trip on Sunday, April 22.
Where: Montana Mountain loop <link>
Where Meet: Jack in the box at 8:30am here> 6478 E Us Highway 60, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118.
This is near the junction of the US60 and Florence road - hopefully we can have some folks from the Southern part of AZ come up for this day trip!

*Someone asked, If I am not a CSC member yet can I come along? Of course, everyone is welcome!

** SEE POST #7 for special request for what to bring**
I plan on making this run...

IMG_1835.JPG

***Anyone that attends will be encouraged to bring one old vintage anything! We will set up at lunch on a table for novelty sake. Anything from an old coin to some old camping gear? I might have something special to hand out to all attendees who participate.

I will have an added prize for the first person to guess correctly what I found at at an old mining camp.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom