Copart cars? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been looking at some vehicles on Copart and wondering if anyone here has a license to actually buy one?

I’m not sure what it’s like in other states, but as a Maryland person it appears i need to hire a broker or be licensed? Has anyone here bought vehicles on copart?

I’ve been looking at some vehicles on Copart and wondering if anyone here has a license to actually buy one?

I’m not sure what it’s like in other states, but as a Maryland person it appears i need to hire a broker or be licensed? Has anyone here bought vehicles on copart?

I think the closest state that allows public buyers is NC.

I've bought through COPART a few times. Be very careful because you can't test drive them. You can get in and look at them, you can even start them (if they start), but you're not allowed to move them.

Also, (and probably most importantly) pay very close attention to the taxes and fees. These will take a "good deal" into retail price territory very quickly. I bought an 05 Tacoma, won the auction at $7500, running driving 4 door 4X4... sounds like a good deal... except after taxes and fees, it came out to $9600 and definitely had work that needed to be done.

I'm not going to say that every car will be tore up and overpriced, but you have to be very careful.

I think the closest state that allows public buyers is NC.

I've bought through COPART a few times. Be very careful because you can't test drive them. You can get in and look at them, you can even start them (if they start), but you're not allowed to move them.

Also, (and probably most importantly) pay very close attention to the taxes and fees. These will take a "good deal" into retail price territory very quickly. I bought an 05 Tacoma, won the auction at $7500, running driving 4 door 4X4... sounds like a good deal... except after taxes and fees, it came out to $9600 and definitely had work that needed to be done.

I'm not going to say that every car will be tore up and overpriced, but you have to be very careful.
I totally agree and the price many of these fetch is surprising. I think a lot of the Toyota’s (and other cars) get stuffed into a container and shipped overseas. North Carolina adds another expense since more than likely it would need to be shipped back here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom