Cooper tire opinion needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Talking with local tire dealer today and looked at the Cooper STT. Any comments and/or opinions. This is for a daily driver '72 fj40 that sees mild trails and a little Arkansas mud.

ar2stp48 said:
....Arkansas mud.....

you're gonna need boggers....

4wd_tyre_05.jpg

I think they're fine tires, but be sure to shop around and price compare. I*think* I've heard that the Coopers wear relatively fast and are fairly slick in the rain.

How much were they? What size?

I would definitely be willing to pay a bit more for some BFG MTs, GoodYear MTRs, or something of the like for your application.

30 x 9.5 were $113 and 31 x 10.5 were $126. this was mounted and balanced but had not added uncle greedy's slice for taxes. Said he would work with me for a set for cash.
e rock, thanks for the pic; didnt have one. But the seems the sidewall was a bit different with the accent of the tread coming over the edge a bit more.
Appreciate the wear comment, something to consider---thanks.

I bought 33's for $125 ea, have em on my f350SD....after 10K miles lots of wear and hella loud.....prolly go with BFG MT's next time on the F350 cuz daily driver, but LTB's on my FJ ROCK

Cooper%20STT.jpg

Interestingly, when I searched before, all I found were pics of the old style. Anyway - the new one looks an awful lot like the Toyo Open Country MT which is insanely expensive.

Open-Country-MT.jpg

I have STT's on both of my cruisers. One set (33's) I got for free (used) and are on my FJ55. The other set I paid for (new) and are on my SOA FJ40 (35's). I have no issues with them. No problems. A good friend who is a cruiser guy and a Toyota tech loves them. I got them through him via Toyota for a great price($100) that was cheaper than BFG's etc. They have served me well on the trail. They are not as fashionable in the wheeling community in the US but I noticed that they are very popular in Australia (I was there in late '03 and will be back this year)

Max

i only spent $133 ea installed for my 31*10.50 bfg m/t's. (30,000 miles ago and still plenty of tread :D )

I used to always run a tire I believe made by cooper that looked just like the old style of this tire. It said "wildcat ext" on the sidewall. They were great tires. Then I got away from muds and started running bfg a/t's . But for a radial mud tire those were great. But they certainly didn't last anywhere near as long as bfg muds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom