Cooper Discoverer STT PROs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has road noise increased much over the 25-30k you've driven them?
Not yet! They still look and feel like almost brand new.

Cool. I'm debating between these and general X3s. Looks like you recommend them. I expect them to be audible but not so much that it's all you hear when on the highway. I have an 05 land cruiser. Pretty good in snow too?

Cool. I'm debating between these and general X3s. Looks like you recommend them. I expect them to be audible but not so much that it's all you hear when on the highway. I have an 05 land cruiser. Pretty good in snow too?
Great in the snow. If I ever wear this set out, I will definitely buy another.

I got to get some beach driving in and had zero traction problems. I decided to not air down and kept them above 35 psi.
Vvq2PGk.jpg

J2kKYIv.jpg

I even had to pull out this guys Z71 Tahoe on BFG KM2s, (he couldn't get his 4wd to engage).
C6D5LMO.jpg

So far I've put about 2,000 miles on the tires. The more I drive them the more I like them. I think my initial reports were over critical, and that I was searching for issues with the tires.

• The humming is barely noticeable. After completing a 1,600 mile summer trip, my wife and I didn't have to speak any louder going down the interstate.
  • The ride was just as comfortable as a Lexus should have.
  • I didn't notice any tracking or pulling issues, unless the roads were terrible and rutted.
  • I was extremely impressed with how they performed at 75mph in a torrential downpour.
  • I honestly tried to get halfway stuck on the beach just for fun, but couldn't do it.
I still have a lot of miles and trials to put these through, but at this point I would buy these again.

OP, are you saying they got quieter after break-in, or you are just used to the humming now? I’ve read anecdotes that the armor-tek sidewalls do soften up a bit after 3-5k miles. Just curious about your experience.

And correct me if I'm wing but I love the fact that they are Made in America. Can't wait to put the 315s on my 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom