Cooper Discoverer A/T3 = Mastercraft Courser AXT ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The excellent tire article on expeditonportal.com sold me on the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 tires. More research revealed Cooper makes Mastercraft tires and markets an exact model: Mastercraft Courser AXT 126R Tire LT285/75R16.

Specs are identical according to the published data on the respective branded sites. Warranty only varies with Cooper offering an added 5k miles on tread wear. Naturally, the sidewall has different brand.

The Mastercraft are 20 bucks cheaper, any reason not to get these over the Coopers?

Tire Size, Service Description, UTQG, Load Range, Sidewall, Approved Rim Width, Measured Rim Width, Section Width, Overall Diameter, Tread Width, Max Load, Tread Depth (1/32")

Cooper LT285/75R16 126\123R E OWL,7.5 - 9,8 11.6 32.56 8.9 3750 17
Mastercraft LT285/75R16 126\123R E OWL 7.5 - 9 8 11.6 32.56 8.9 3750 17

Warranty seem exact same except Cooper includes added 5k miles. Mastercraft warranty language even references Cooper company.

Cooper warranty
Standard Limited Warranty
55,000 Mile Tread Wear Protection
M+S Rated

Mastercraft warranty
50,000 Mile Tread Wear Protection

Nice find. I also read that review and am contemplating switching to a more (bland) practical AT tire for my reality daily use (vs. fantasy, which would be true MT).

Post up if you go with either one, I'd be curious what another mudder thinks of them.

Thanks and happy new year

Just saw this. The Cooper truck tires are manufactured in the Texarkana, AR plant. They make the Mastercraft tires and a couple of other brands in the same plant using the same production equipment and everything. The quality standards are the same, methods the same. My good friend from college is the head Quality Engineer at the plant there, which is how I know all this. Since the Mastercraft tires are cheaper, go with them.

did I hear you say there was going to be a group buy???

coopers are great tires. I'm half way thru my third set on Land Cruisers. those mastercrafts look tempting based on the info in this thread...now if only I knew when they were going to do that factory direct group buy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom