cooling system running high with aircon when stand still (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I find that my cruiser runs to hot when the aircon is on....and i'm standing at a stop!!!! My enjin is new recon done by toyota......just over 2000 km.

My radiator also was recon by toyota......o it should run perfect.......if I run on the open road.....it runs cool......and every now and again does the heat gage rize to about the middle,and immediatly return to the lower section,,,,the same when aircon is on....but when I come to a stand still the gage starts to raise......and i think it's not correct.......Any ideas why and what i can do to avoid this problem.......don't want to overheat.

Fan clutch

must I replace the fan clutch? Only if it does that while i'm standing still? The fan works or sounds perfect kicking in,but only when i accelerate.......there is no auxiliry fan to help cool the enjin when the aircon runs......which i think it needs!

It may not be idling up the way it's supposed to. There's a vac switch that increases the idle speed at the carb on USA models. It needs to idle with the AC on at about 900 rpm or so, and that will keep it cool. If it's idling at 650 with the ac on, it's going to get hot - the fan isn't drawing enough air through the rad to keep it cooling. Once you shut of the AC, the vac switch releases the idle-up arm and your idle should drop back to 650 (or whatever you have it set at).

Do a search and you should be able to find plenty of info on tuning the AC idle speed. The subject has come up a few times in the last 4-5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom