Cooling System overhaul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys.

I have a slow coolant leak, and I have been topping the reservoir off the for past year since ownership.

Finally had some time to look around everywhere, I found coolant on the valley of the engine, under the intake manifold. Considering my truck is now 22 years old, I want to change all the parts related to the cooling system.

Is there a write-up and a complete parts list for
the cooling system? I tried to search but no complete list

Hi guys.

I have a slow coolant leak, and I have been topping the reservoir off the for past year since ownership.

Finally had some time to look around everywhere, I found coolant on the valley of the engine, under the intake manifold. Considering my truck is now 22 years old, I want to change all the parts related to the cooling system.

Is there a write-up and a complete parts list for
the cooling system? I tried to search but no complete list

Locate the leak: Most likely it might be the O-ring on the coolant return line from the heater core.

If the radiator is 10+ years old, replace it along with OEM upper and lower hoses, fan clutch and fan blade (if cracks are present: mine disintegrated along an old crack and damaged the radiator), thermostat.

Locate the leak: Most likely it might be the O-ring on the coolant return line from the heater core.

If the radiator is 10+ years old, replace it along with OEM upper and lower hoses, fan clutch and fan blade (if cracks are present: mine disintegrated along an old crack and damaged the radiator), thermostat.
I agree with finding the leak first, I'll check again and make sure it's not on the engine.

Forgot to say that I found traces of coolant leaks almost everywhere as well, the largest leak is at the valley.

I just rather have all the parts replaced at this point, regardless if it's leaking or not.

Yeah, I got all those parts on hand already

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom