Cooling system hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudmates,
Doing a little prevent maintenance on my 98LX and want to replace all the cooling system hoses. 22 years of service is sufficient. Does anyone have a pic of the diagram that shows all the hoses or part numbers. This job was brought on by the fact that my thermostat is failing and want to do it all at 1 time. Already did my "Tees" just didn't do hoses at that time.

Any tips on who can give me the best prices is helpful as well

TIA

TLC Dan

Use the website Partsouq.com, type in your vin at the beginning and then go through the different selections for the diagrams. Will give you everything you need to know.

Thanks gregnash,
Good info. Now another thing to ponder. my 98 has 209k miles. aside from all the hoses, what about the radiator ? It's not showing any issues but is 22 years old. And the fan/clutch?

All opinions welcome.....

TIA

when was the timing belt done?
heater "T"s
fan bracket?

This is from the Toyota catalog, I assume Lexus is the same.

hoses.JPG

So those there are the aforementioned HEATER T replacement that really is something that should have been added to the timing belt service. If you want the full kit without having to worry about which part does what, @NLXTACY sells a kit on his website Absolute Wits' End for the 100. Has all hoses, t's and clamps noted for the replacement in a single pack!

Thanks gregnash,
Good info. Now another thing to ponder. my 98 has 209k miles. aside from all the hoses, what about the radiator ? It's not showing any issues but is 22 years old. And the fan/clutch?

All opinions welcome.....

TIA

Is the top of the radiator brown? If so, replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom