Cooled/ventilated front seats on an 80?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I know many of you have installed heating elements when redoing the leather on your stock front seats. Anyone installed the cooling feature as well, or more likely a seat from a different vehicle?

I know this is not what you are asking, but for $40 I must say this is nice. Bought one in preparation for wheeling next weekend where I just know itll be sweaty out.

Amazon product ASIN B071DN282D
Works rather well, especially if you are already a little warm. You turn it on and your boys go 'woah' lol

I have a set of new leathers and heater/coolers from Mosley Motors sitting in boxes waiting to get installed...hope to get them in soon.

I know this is not what you are asking, but for $40 I must say this is nice. Bought one in preparation for wheeling next weekend where I just know itll be sweaty out.

Amazon product ASIN B071DN282D
Works rather well, especially if you are already a little warm. You turn it on and your boys go 'woah' lol

Nice option, but I prefer to have them built-in to the seat.

I have a set of new leathers and heater/coolers from Mosley Motors sitting in boxes waiting to get installed...hope to get them in soon.

Thanks for sharing! I couldn't find it on their website, so sent an email to them yesterday on availability and pricing... have not gotten a response yet.

Assuming the seats from a 2013 LX470 would be too big to fir into an 80? My wife's car is a 2020 Mazda CX-5, and it comes with heated and cooled seats that work pretty well. Wondering how hard fitment would be (assuming custom welding is a mist) if I'm able to source similar seats from a different vehicle... anyone else gone down this route?

search for
80 series seat swap thread

many many other threads as well

I swapped a set of front seats from an Audi A6 a while back. The seats were equipped with heating elements and ventilation fans, but I only connected the power to move the seats. A few weeks ago, as a part of redoing the interior in my Lexus, I had the front seats out, and in my workshop. I played around and got the heating and ventilation to work. I'll post the whole write-up once my custom center console is finished, because that's where I'll be housing the module that controls the heating and ventilation.

Cheers

Nice option, but I prefer to have them built-in to the seat.

Thanks for sharing! I couldn't find it on their website, so sent an email to them yesterday on availability and pricing... have not gotten a response yet.

Assuming the seats from a 2013 LX470 would be too big to fir into an 80? My wife's car is a 2020 Mazda CX-5, and it comes with heated and cooled seats that work pretty well. Wondering how hard fitment would be (assuming custom welding is a mist) if I'm able to source similar seats from a different vehicle... anyone else gone down this route?
It’s currently on @FJ60Cam secret menu so pulled off the site...recent thread on here somewhere discussing this. It’s a low margin product for them, and COVID manufacturing delays on the supplier side slowed things down a bit, but best quality available and Cam is great to work with.

Hey Dirty Koala, did you ever get those seat heaters/coolers installed? I'm about to do these to my 97 80 and want to be sure I do it right...

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom