Coolant valley leak - other repairs while fixing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys,

I topped off the coolant in the overflow reservoir a while back. Took a recent trip (2000 miles) and the coolant level dropped a bit. Still maybe half full (to the F line) but it's not longer at F. I noticed that there is some spray on top of the reservoir.

Is this normal? Or is this indicative that I have an active valley leak (and the pic above was leftover from the prior owner who fixed a leak)?

Either way, something I can live with unless it gets progressively worse (ie - empties the reservoir within 300 miles or something)?

Pop the engine cover off, then push down on that piece of foam and use a strong flashlight to peer down around under the intake. Might also consider getting one of those nifty wi-fi endoscope/borescope cameras to look around under there, I have one and it's pretty handy.

Those covers are a PITA. Keep them off. Store them somewhere.
I would have to say yes. You have the start of a coolant leak. It is really anyone's guess as to how far you can go.
Get a good parts list together. Include the starter. Find a guy around you who has experience or ofcourse you can always do it yourself.

Do you notice any sound increase with the cover off or is it strictly cosmetic?

Very little sound increase.
I's so much easier to view and work on, with those pieces off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom