Coolant like color leak from the rear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
4D39F8F7-611C-4C88-B189-BFF70456E8C3.jpeg
The wife texted me saying she saw coolant at the rear of the LX. I’m currently at work and can’t leave to inspect it. Is this an easy fix?

059FEF72-2D52-4BDA-8D32-A92A938A7656.jpeg

I thought our rear heat just comes through the center console and the vents up top are AC only ( no coolant involved) But AC refrigerant wouldn't leak a liquid it would vent gas right?

Under my rig all I have back there are AC lines, no coolant.

I suppose it must have been an AC line that busted and its loaded with green dye to find a leak. Looks like you found where it's leaking from =] Peek your head up in there and check the AC lines that are hiding up in there and see if you can confirm.

I thought our rear heat just comes through the center console and the vents up top are AC only ( no coolant involved) But AC refrigerant wouldn't leak a liquid it would vent gas right?

Damn just got home to check it look like refrigerant. Might just do the rear ac delete so it stops leaking.

Damn just got home to check it look like refrigerant. Might just do the rear ac delete so it stops leaking.
Good find, suppose it could have been worse, although I do love my rear AC in the summer months out camping. Keeps the cooler and everything so much nicer back there. I wonder how bad it is to fix it all up.

The rear heater lines that carry coolant run down the driver side to under the center console. The rear a/c lines run down the passenger side to the rear a/c unit (evaporator) in the quarter panel.

B48903D3-B94F-41DA-A099-25836B4797FC.jpeg

I still can't see the Dorman spice.

Get it fixed. Dont just cap it. Keep everything functioning... its a LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom