Coolant like color leak from the rear?

• Thread starter canineoverland
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6
C

canineoverland

4D39F8F7 611C 4C88 B189 BFF70456E8C3
The wife texted me saying she saw coolant at the rear of the LX. I’m currently at work and can’t leave to inspect it. Is this an easy fix?

059FEF72 2D52 4BDA 8D32 A92A938A7656

C

canineoverland

Rear a/c has died.
The ac has stopped working 2 weeks ago in the rear. Is it still safe to drive with this leak? Cause my coolant is reddish pink lol unless the previous owner dyed it when check for leaks.

Mike NXP

Mike NXP

I thought our rear heat just comes through the center console and the vents up top are AC only ( no coolant involved) But AC refrigerant wouldn't leak a liquid it would vent gas right?

Under my rig all I have back there are AC lines, no coolant.

Mike NXP

Mike NXP

I suppose it must have been an AC line that busted and its loaded with green dye to find a leak. Looks like you found where it's leaking from =] Peek your head up in there and check the AC lines that are hiding up in there and see if you can confirm.

C

canineoverland

I thought our rear heat just comes through the center console and the vents up top are AC only ( no coolant involved) But AC refrigerant wouldn't leak a liquid it would vent gas right?

Damn just got home to check it look like refrigerant. Might just do the rear ac delete so it stops leaking.

Mike NXP

Mike NXP

Damn just got home to check it look like refrigerant. Might just do the rear ac delete so it stops leaking.
Good find, suppose it could have been worse, although I do love my rear AC in the summer months out camping. Keeps the cooler and everything so much nicer back there. I wonder how bad it is to fix it all up.

JunkCrzr89

JunkCrzr89

Competent Ignoramoose
SILVER Star

The rear heater lines that carry coolant run down the driver side to under the center console. The rear a/c lines run down the passenger side to the rear a/c unit (evaporator) in the quarter panel.

B48903D3 B94F 41DA A099 25836B4797FC

C

canineoverland

Good find, suppose it could have been worse, although I do love my rear AC in the summer months out camping. Keeps the cooler and everything so much nicer back there. I wonder how bad it is to fix it all up.

C

canineoverland

That’s a bulls*** autozone Dorman splice that somebody installed. They’re $40 and intended to be *temporary* solutions to broken hard lines. The entire line needs to be replaced.
I figured that. So lame I’m just gonna plug it up for now and redo the lines later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom