Coolant leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1982 BJ42 lx RHD with a 3B engine developed a coolant leak yesterday. It is somewhere at the back of the block on the injector side, near the starter and behind the edic motor. I can’t seem to locate it yet, but need to get a mirror. I have done some research here and I am hoping it is a freeze plug or the block drain plug, and not the head gasket! I keep reading about pressurizing the coolant system, but couldn’t find exactly how to do it.
Where do I start? Can you access the freeze plugs on the rear of the engine? Are there some tricks of the trade?

I will do some more research and post some better pictures when able.

Forget how to post this video.

Ok, I located the leak to the hose coming from the heater valve to the engine. It was right at the engine so I was able to cut the hose and reattach as a quick fix.

Where do I get a replacement hose? I can find the radiator hose, but having trouble locating this particular hose. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt

Can I just use some generic hose cut to length?

I don’t expect the shortened hose to last long as I am teaching my daughter how to drive stick (so much for my new clutch and tranny too! ) but that is one of the reasons I bought the cruiser!

Anyone?

Can I just use some generic hose cut to length?

Yeah , why not? As long as it doesn't need to have any special bends and the diameter is correct.

Yeah , why not? As long as it doesn't need to have any special bends and the diameter is correct.

Thanks! It looks like a gentle bend would work... now I just need to find out the correct diameter... and adjust cms to inches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom