Coolant leak in FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

batthewmrown

SILVER Star
Threads
So I noticed a steady drip coming from below my FJ62 right about the midsection. I got up underneath to check it out and notice two small hoses with some coolant dripping from one. I'm not sure what kind of hose it is, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is and how much it would be to get it fixed. Here's a picture so you can see exactly what I was looking at. I'm a new owner and I'm trying to learn about these so as time progresses I can do my own maintenance, so any advice as to how I could repair it myself would be much appreciated. Thanks!

photo.jpg

Thats for the rear heater. The hose won't cost much at all.

its the hoses for the rear heater. my heater had a leak and i just bypass it.

Those are the hoses that go up to the rear heater. Those two little hoses are pretty expensive. The hard lines look pretty bad as well. If they are badly rusted, you will need to replace them also. You can delete the rear heater by connecting the two hard lines together at the firewall.

Best to use the pre formed hoses from Toyota. Pricey, but they will last a long time. Easy job...DIY.

John

Those are the hoses that go up to the rear heater. Those two little hoses are pretty expensive. The hard lines look pretty bad as well. If they are badly rusted, you will need to replace them also. You can delete the rear heater by connecting the two hard lines together at the firewall.

Yeah, the hard lines have seen better days. The cruiser spent most of its days in Chicago, so there's a fair amount of rust, unfortunately. What exactly does connecting the hard lines at the firewall entail? i.e. What would be the cheapest repair?

Yeah, the hard lines have seen better days. The cruiser spent most of its days in Chicago, so there's a fair amount of rust, unfortunately. What exactly does connecting the hard lines at the firewall entail? i.e. What would be the cheapest repair?

follow the 2 hard lines up to the engine side of the firewall, it'll be on the pass side. where the 2 hard lines go to 2 rubber hoses connecting into 2 other hard tube at a "T" junction. you route a rubber hose between the 2 "T"s thus by passing the 2 hard lines running to the rear heater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom