Coolant leak from side of block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '98 appears to be leaking coolant from a fitting that threads into the lower left side of the engine block. Attached to the fitting is a rubber hose that goes to the top of the oil filter assembly. I assume this must be for oil cooling purposes? The coolant appears to be seeping out from around the threaded fitting that goes into the block. I'll attempt to tighten the fitting, but it's odd that it would suddenly start leaking. Anybody else experienced a similar leak?

Thanks.

Is it one of these hoses or fittings?

1614023505189.png

My '98 appears to be leaking coolant from a fitting that threads into the lower left side of the engine block. Attached to the fitting is a rubber hose that goes to the top of the oil filter assembly. I assume this must be for oil cooling purposes? The coolant appears to be seeping out from around the threaded fitting that goes into the block. I'll attempt to tighten the fitting, but it's odd that it would suddenly start leaking. Anybody else experienced a similar leak?

Thanks.
I don't see the fitting on that diagram,
Is it one of these hoses or fittings?

View attachment 2593215
I don't see it on that diagram, but that looks like the related hoses. From what I can see, the fitting in question threads into the block and the other end is barbed with the rubber hose clamped onto it.

Can you take a picture of said location?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom