Coolant Leak Diagnosis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you everyone for your help! It did turn out to be am issue with the water pump gasket. It was failing and leaking from 3 different points! Replaced it with the AISIN kit and so far looking good.

Previous owner had replaced the water pump but used a Grant pump which comes with a poor quality gasket. It lasted less than 20k...

Thank you everyone for your help! It did turn out to be am issue with the water pump gasket. It was failing and leaking from 3 different points! Replaced it with the AISIN kit and so far looking good.

Previous owner had replaced the water pump but used a Grant pump which comes with a poor quality gasket. It lasted less than 20k...

Glad you were able to get it sorted out!

Sharing a short leak experience. I replaced the plastic heater Ts with metal Ts and re-clamped with pipe clamps, not the original spring clamps. I think due to heat/cold winter the pipe clamp failed causing a slow leak. I replaced with a thicker pipe clamp and will be watching all connections to see what happens next this winter. Here is heater T link.

Sharing a short leak experience. I replaced the plastic heater Ts with metal Ts and re-clamped with pipe clamps, not the original spring clamps. I think due to heat/cold winter the pipe clamp failed causing a slow leak. I replaced with a thicker pipe clamp and will be watching all connections to see what happens next this winter. Here is heater T link.
That’s the problem with metal Ts - most are smaller diameter than the ID of the OEM heater hoses. A breeze-style CTC clamp is about the only thing that will work on them:
53B6A61D-08B7-4406-B368-5A510A27A363.jpeg

But New OEM plastic Ts with OEM clamps works best, IMO.

I'm chasing a leak right now too. Mine is showing up on the driver side with fluid on the AC compressor and in that area.

Is the weep hole on the 2UZ-FE under the oil pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom