Coolant leak and hose replacement, advice appreciated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve had a small coolant leak since I’ve had the cruiser, but the other day I had a hose just explode while on the highway. I got a replacement piece and some coolant to limp home but now it leaks super fast so I just want to do a total replacement of all the hoses. Is there a good kit for this? I’ve read that OEM is the best but I can’t seem to find a kit for that. And is there anything else I should replace while I’m doing this? Any advice is appreciated.
291702BD-262F-445B-B25B-42800FD12E62.jpeg
D837D595-15AA-4429-A752-0DA06E7BDBAC.jpeg

There isn’t a Toyota kit for hoses but you can purchase them separately from any Toyota dealer.
To find the part numbers for all the hoses you want, visit the website below and choose your vehicle from the top button choices. Then it’s just a matter of snooping through the drawings to find what you need.

No need to buy straight hose or slightly bent hose from Toyota. 5/8 inch generic hose can be used for this. Buy it in a 25 ft length and you'll have it for whenever you need it. MUCH less expensive. Stay with your toyota hose clamps. Either clean them up and re-use or buy new from toyota. Avoid overtightening of generic hose clamps...they can and will damage your piping. Then you'll have more problems.

Old hose doesn't like to let loose from the pipe it's been married to for decades. Even after the hose clamp is off. Consider cutting a slit in the end with a box knife, spraying some spray lube WD40, PB blaster or other monkey piss. Then gently use a set of channel locking pliers to twist. Using torsion to break the bond.

And is there anything else I should replace while I’m doing this?
Replace you old coolant since you had to drain it anyway. After you have refiilled...Make sure you burp your motor and get all the air out before you overheat the motor.

Check the age of the belts. If they have cracks they will need to go. The alternator is the tensioner for the alt/p.s. pump belt. And the smog pump or delete pulley is the tensioner for the fan/smog pump belt. The AC compressor will need to be loosened for that one.

Just my 2cents. If you are going to address coolant and your water pump and thermostat haven’t been swapped out in decades do it now along with the hoses and coolant flush. Use OEM hoses and thermostat and Aisin pump and don’t worry about them for years to come. Along with all that check your heater hoses and clamps.

I’ve had a small coolant leak since I’ve had the cruiser, but the other day I had a hose just explode while on the highway. I got a replacement piece and some coolant to limp home but now it leaks super fast so I just want to do a total replacement of all the hoses. Is there a good kit for this? I’ve read that OEM is the best but I can’t seem to find a kit for that. And is there anything else I should replace while I’m doing this? Any advice is appreciated. View attachment 2826003View attachment 2826002

this is your Water Pump and Thermostat housing J shaped BY-PATH or BYpass hose correct ?

see LINK below Please

i have a complete 100% all OEM parts repair solutions kit in stock i can ship out first thing

'OVERNIGHT express shipping is availble for only $23.75 flat rate any where in lower 48 ....fyi

let me know how i can help please ?

kinlsy matt

like here :

2F-Bypath-Hose-and-Clamps__25152.1628803334.png

(1).png

(1.3).png

(1.5) - Copy.png

(1).gif

OEM is great, but some hoses are NLA. Follow the link below and download the gates vintage auto and light truck catalog. They have several of the hoses for the land cruiser listed. Some are "cut to fit".

For removing stuck hoses from fittings, I find a hooked awl works great--I have an older version of this cotter pin puller. run the tip around between the hose and fitting.

1635779207594.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom