Coolant bypass hose to top of radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I am looking for the inside diameter of the thin coolant bypass hose that connects to top of radiator via small nipple.

It must have another name because I've searched for it and can't find it. If anyone knows the gates brand part number that would help too.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Water bypass #3

16267-66020

8mm sounds right, but don't quote me on that.

3AAB65D5-E9F9-411D-A2F2-B8808752AF9A.jpeg

Last edited:
If you're asking about the perennial PITA nipple that breaks off, ruining a completely serviceable radiator, the body OD is nominally Ø8-mm (Ø 0.315-in); the locking flange diameter is Ø 9.25-mm (Ø 0.365-in).

This means that while a Ø5/16-in ID hose (Ø 0.3125-in) will ideally fit the body, stretching it to fit over the locking flange might be a step too far (depending on the wall thickness) and result in plastic deformation, which in turn will cause the connection to leak, no matter how tight the clamp is. You're better off using a metric hose, or better yet, just buy the OEM hose.

Hey everyone,

I am looking for the inside diameter of the thin coolant bypass hose that connects to top of radiator via small nipple.

It must have another name because I've searched for it and can't find it. If anyone knows the gates brand part number that would help too.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

your talking about the black over flow hose that connects the goose neck male spout to the Expansion Tank bottle right ?

need to know what year your 80 series id first ?

help us help you

post always all your truck specs

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom