Cool Stuff on the Salt Flats

CookieMonster and I ran into this guy in Oakland and he was having his 91 FJ80 worked on at 4WheelParts. The guys at 4WP kept trying to fix his suspension, upgrade to airbags in the rear, etc., but were clueless to all things Cruiser. I got him hooked up with the info he needed. He's a Landscape Architecture Professor at U.C. Berkeley and every year he hauls a half dozen grad students out to the salt flats with 2000 lbs on his 91 FJ80 Kaymar roofrack and they do this crazy stuff in the desert. He had the biodegradable dyes made by come Berkeley Chemists so that they break down quickly and leave no trace. Pretty killer stuff. He calls every now and then and I keep trying to get him to get tech savvy enough to join us on Mud. He's originally from France and his stuff has been in the Guggenheim Museum in New York and all over the world. He's a total Cruiser guy having gotten the addiction while living in Africa. He said that nothing else in the States will reliably make that trip 2-3 times a year, year after year, without leaving him and his students stranded. Pretty cool. 3FE Power!

The cool thing is that it's all photography, no photoshop.

http://arch.ced.berkeley.edu/people/faculty/bourdier/JPBHome.htm

Onur

GOLD Star

You know that this guy is a pinko, leftie, liberal, Bush-hating, commie lover!! He also thinks Jane Fonda is smart and talented. How can you bring yourself to interact with him?!! J/K

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

does he do preliminary subdivisions design? i need help with a 20 acre site, i have been brain farting for days

Landpimp

just use the design on the right..........if your doing a "diverse" subdivsion ;)

out of curiosity, how many lots will they let you get out of the 20?

beaufort-fj60 said:
does he do preliminary subdivisions design? i need help with a 20 acre site, i have been brain farting for days

beno said:
You know that this guy is a pinko, leftie, liberal, Bush-hating, commie lover!! He also thinks Jane Fonda is smart and talented. How can you bring yourself to interact with him?!! J/K

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
After spending time on this board with beno, I'm becoming desensitized. :D Not really.

By the way, Jane Fonda is a pinko, leftie, liberal, Bush-hating, commie lover. :mad:

Jean Paul is actually an extremely friendly, polite, and soft spoken guy. Not really a flaming liberal type. More like a laid back quiet liberal type. :D

Onur

GOLD Star

White Shark said:
After spending time on this board with beno, I'm becoming desensitized. :D Not really.

By the way, Jane Fonda is a pinko, leftie, liberal, Bush-hating, commie lover. :mad:

Jean Paul is actually an extremely friendly, polite, and soft spoken guy. Not really a flaming liberal type. More like a laid back quiet liberal type. :D
The quiet ones are ok because they don't cause any trouble with the Republicans/radical righters... :rolleyes: ;)

In any event, glad to see you are hanging out with the Dark Side of the Force...we really aren't that bad.... :flipoff2:

-o-

Top Bottom