1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cool old rig. Not a Cruiser

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by paulj, Jul 26, 2005.

1. paulj

paulj

I once bought some seats at 4 Wheel Parts (no lectures, please!), and I guess I'll be on their mailing list forever. They send me their magazine every month, and I always look at the "Old Iron" section before I toss it. I saw this rig in the latest issue which I thought was really cool looking.
    The caption reads:
    "Semi-Stock Class--Con Scott's '42 WC-53 Dodge military carryall is a rare bird.
    He's fitted it with a civvy Power Wagon front wrap and upgraded the original single speed transfer case with the later civvy two speed unit. To enhance everyday use, he replaced the stock 5.83 gears with the later civvy 4.89s. The truck now mounts Braeden MU-2 PTO winch and a Lock Right in the rear. Here's some Power Wagon Trivia for you. The old style Power Wagon was the first application for the Lock Right...just because the inventor, John Zentmeyer, had one!"

I did a Google search on this truck and found a couple of pretty cool websites. I also found a couple for sale on Ebay for like $25K! Does anybody have one of these, or know someone who does? I'd just like to learn a little more about them.

2. Jman

Jman

3. clemson55

clemson55

I know where theres one sitting not the same as either of these its a little newer I think. But its pretty sweet.

4. red dirt squirt

red dirt squirt

5. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

I've got a 1953 M37 that I have had for years. It needs restoration but someday I will get to it. They are great trucks but the braking system sucks. They are just not adequate for stopping this heavy iron.

Check out Vintage Power Wagons. They have leads on a bunch of Power Wagons and have many for sale. Good luck!

6. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

My dad had one of those things. It was awesome.

He once pulled a jeep apart with it. Jeep guy got so stuck.... asked my dad to pull him out... that powerwagon practically tore that jeep in half.

Steve

7. Jman

Jman

Umm, any relation? :rolleyes: