GM Cool LS motor mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm starting a thread about additions available for LS motors I've found. Mostly external parts. Post up something cool if you want. I'll start off with a dual alternator bracket. Biggest alternator I've found for a LS is 400 amps. Dual would give 800 amps in case you need to winch up mount everest.

Last edited:
Overdrive power steering pulley

Dual power steering pump bracket:

Last edited:
my favorite mod for a LS is 20psi of boost from a 78mm turbo

I also found this high flow water pump, but haven't found any reviews yet.

Any mods for engine mounts that are model-specific such as for Land Cruiser or other makes and models?

Wiring harnesses to adapt?

Any mods for engine mounts that are model-specific such as for Land Cruiser or other makes and models?

Wiring harnesses to adapt?
There are several motor mount kits. Advance adapter makes a set and several cruiser shops make kits. Wiring gets tricky due to all the variables. A bare bones LS swap takes shockingly few electrical connections to get on the road. I think like 7 wires maybe? There are many generic Wiring kits too.

4FlZZeg-1.jpg

Installed cog belt drive kit. Personally I would like to try a cog drive system.

Here is some data of the benefits of having vvt. The vvt adds about 40ftlbs of torque at around 2000rpm-important for towing. Keep in mind vvt can be added to a gen3 motor afaik. Some of the wiring will need to be switched around.

Sweet, love it, thanks for the effort. I thought the cog drive was for blowers and/or superchargers. Why go cog drive otherwise ?

Here is another mod:

It's a duramax fan blade. It's 21" in diameter and said to cool better.

Here is a nice set of trunnion arms made by melling:
Mr1341 by melling

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom