Cool little shackle video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It doesn't surprise me that the rated lifting shackle broke at 7.5x its rated load. Engineers built big safety factors into that kind of thing.

be interesting to see a chinesium shackle of same size as the rated one be tortured.

I think there is a big difference between safe working load and failure even for the Chinese stuff. I think they both have there place and a definitely feel better with s soft shackle being used between two straps rather than how we used to do it.

be interesting to see a chinesium shackle of same size as the rated one be tortured.

To the engineers in the building- with a rating of 7500 lbs, after half a decade or a decade of uses will a metal shackle fatigue and have that rating decline ?

I guess to the ignorant minds like me using a soft shackle has an advantage that you get to visibly see in some cases how damaged it is or is not before you will use it.

With uses will metal fatigue or degrade to a point that the rating could be lowered enough to cause a concern ?

No worries at all with the forces we apply to these pieces.
Soft shackles are cool. My issue with them is mud, UV, etc.

Leo, read up on fatigue stress and plastic deformation. Interesting info and changes drastically based on material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom