Cool Cruiser Lock box install in FJ62 - - Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a Cool Cruiser Lock Box w/ Tuffy double cup holder in my FJ62. They don't offer a custom fit box for the FJ62 do to the heater under the center concole but this worked with very little fabrication.

1--In the pics you can see I just slid the lower bracket that was provided back a few inches and fabricated a slot to use the temp control (Had to bend the lever to make more room aft and used the old sticker). The hot air will come out the sides and bottom (if I ever use it).

2-- I then drilled new mounting holes and fit the support braket to the box.

3--One note, before you mount the braket make measurments and drill holes in the braket that match the old mount points for the old center concole on the heater.

4--There are two rear mount bolts that where pre drilled in step 3, I just used those plus a self tapping screw up in the front of the box to secure it down.

5--The cup holder was built by Tuffy and if you use it you may have to trim a little plastic around the sift lever but thats it, simple and clean!!

Drop me a line if you want more info. Mike
CIMG2996.jpg
CIMG2999.jpg
CIMG3001.jpg

looks good, just curious where did you mount the switch for the rear heat

Also those sheepskins look very nice. Were did you find
them?

Found the sheep skins on ebay, think I paid about $120.00 but very nice high quality skins. I did not mount the rear defroster switch but its hooked up and tucked under the box (going to mount on the inside of the box).

I've had the same in my 60 for 2.5 years now, still like it. Looks like a nice tight fit in a 62. I remember pulling my seats to do the install, it made it easier to access the hardware.

Can you post some closeups of how you dealt with the temp control? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom